Day 1: Falling

When it came to flying, Grian was good at three things:

One, focusing on flying. Two, always having enough rockets.

And three, taking care of his Elytra.

This...wasn't one of those times. Looking back on it, Grian could barely remember what actually happened, or what actually caused his plummet.

All he remembered was realizing he was out of rockets, and then suddenly his elytra had failed, steering him right into a tall jungle tree. It all happened so fast, almost a blur, but when Grian glanced down in a panic as he fell, things seemed to slow down.

Honestly, he wasn't even falling anymore. He was floating, like a a feather claimed by gravity. The ground was getting closer, but Grian barely registered it.

He was just a feather.

It was almost calming, the funny feeling of weightlessness.

Wait.

Panic settled in as he was torn back to reality, a scream ripping from his throat as-

...

pain

...

it hurts

...

why does everything hurt?

...

what happened?

...

where am I?

...

Everything felt blurry, colors and sounds melding together. His ears were ringing, but Grian wasn't sure why.

He'd been flying, right? Then he'd run out of rockets...

The voices seemed to get a bit clearer- wait since when were there voices?

"-looks bad, but he should be fine. I'm not sure how to move him without causing him more pain."

"Let's call Xisuma, he can teleport Grian to a bed."

A hand rested on his shoulder and Grian let out a whimper of pain.

"Grian, are you with me love?" It was Stress's voice, gentle and soft. "Can you open your eyes?"

When had his eyes closed? Grian winced a little as he opened them again, only to see two blurry faces and a lot of green.

The hand moved to gently touch the back of his head and Grian flinched in pain. "Oh yeah, poor thing's got a nasty concussion. Nothing some rest and a health potion wont fix."

Some footsteps drew nearer, and a third blurry face joined the group. "Ouch, that looks bad."

"By some miracle nothing was broken." Grian recognized the second voice as Scar's. "Stress and I have done all we can as of now. can you get him to a bed?"

"Already set one up with Joe. He's happy to keep an eye on our prankster until he's recovered." Xisuma answered.

By now his vision had cleared enough for Grian to make out the faces. Xisuma bent down, typing something on his communicator. "You're gonna be okay Grian. I'm about to teleport you, so hang on."

With the blink of an eye, his surroundings changed. Seconds later, two gentle hands lifted up his head and placed an ice pack underneath.

"...Joe?"

Joe smiled. "Yeah. Hope you don't mind dogs."