Day 15: Hypothermia

Note: Part 2 to Drowning.

_____________________

Grian shivered. Despite changing into dry clothes, he was still soaking wet. His clothes and the blanket and sheet were now damp, the winter cold making him shiver. He felt tired and cold, not quite being able to register what was happening.

He heard the beep of his communicator on his nightstand. When Grian sluggishly reached out an arm to grab it, his fingers fumbled and almost dropped the device as he brought it back to himself.

Grian drowned

Iskall85: rip dude

He scrolled down, past the various chat happenings, seeing what he missed. The most recent messages caught his eye.

Mumbo Jumbo: Has anyone seen Grian?

Rendog: No, we were supposed to meet up to talk about uh stuff

Cubfan135: Mycelium talk perhaps?

Rendog: uh no um jungle things

Xisumavoid: Grian? You okay bud?

Grian's fingers felt like bricks as he tried to type out a message.

Grian: I;m dine

Grian: jyst a luttle cild id all

Xisuma: Grian, where are you?

Grian: mt manyion

Iskall85: I think he's saying his mansion

Mumbo Jumbo: I'm on my way to check on him

Grian dropped the communicator and pulled the blankets tighter around him. Why was it so freaking cold!?

Nevertheless, Mumbo flew in a few minutes later, landing next to Grian's bed and looking him up and down.

"Grian-"

"M'fine, jusss coold." Grian answered shivering more intensley.

Mumbo bit his lip. "I'm not gonna argue, I'm gonna get you dry clothes."

"I alreadyggot m'self drry clothzes." Grian protested, though it didn't go far.

"Yeah, and you were still wet!" Mumbo sighed, pulling another warm pair of pj's out of one of Grian's chest. "Stay here and change, I'm gonna make some hot cocoa."

Realizing he wasn't gonna win, Grian slipped into the pj's. Soon Mumbo returned with a cup of cocoa, and handed it to Grian before sweeping him off his feet.

"Wh-"

"I'm taking you to Scar's, he's got a fireplace you can warm up at." Mumbo answered. "No buts."

Soon enough, they arrived at Scar's village. Mumbo quickly explained the situation to Scar, who pointed him in the direction of one of the little houses that had a fireplace. Mumbo quickly ducked inside, set Grian down, and lit up the fireplace.

Oh it was warm! Grian immediately scooted closer, setting the steaming mug down and holding his hands up to the flames.

Scar returned with a bunch of blankets, and him and Mumbo pretty much piled them on him. Grian then got a glance at Mumbo's communicator.

Mumbo Jumbo: I'm on my way to check on him

Mumbo Jumbo: Poor thing's got Hypothermia, I'm making some cocoa right now

GoodTimesWithScar: You can bring him to my place, I've built a few fireplaces over here

Stressmonster: Once you've two got Grian settles, one of you can pick up some blankets from me

GoodTimesWithScar: Thanks Stress, will do

Grian's blurry reading was interrupted by Xisuma walking in. "Alright, here's a thermometer, make sure his body temperature is steadily rising back to normal. Keep an eye on his breathing as well."

"We will." Scar nodded, taking the thermometer and carefully placing it in Grian's mouth. "We'll take good care of him."