Day 21: Enderman pt 2

Grian opened his eyes to darkness. Everything felt fuzzy and slightly muted, and he could heard voices off to his right.

A few seconds went by as Grian registered what he could. He was lying on a bed of some sorts, and judging by the air quality he was back in the over-world. He also realized he was blindfolded for some odd reason, and lifted his hands to take the cloth off.

As soon as he did, however, there were hands on his, guiding his arms back down onto the bed. "No no, the blindfold has to stay on for now, okay?"

Grian recognized Xisuma's voice as well as the texture of his gloves.

"Wha... What happened?" Grian mumbled.

"You got bit by an Enderman. Iskall was able to retrieve you, but you'd passed out by that point."

Grian frowned. "Bit?"

"Yeah, bit. I'll explain more later, once you've gotten more of your strength back. For now, just rest, And don't take off the blindfold, okay?"

"Mmkay." Grian did his best at a nod. "I will."

___________________

It had been a couple days since Grian had woken up after the Enderman incident, and Xisuma still hadn't given him the okay to take the blindfold off.

What Xisuma had told him was that an Enderman bite gave certain side effects. Unlike the Endermens' usual attack, a swing of their arms, a bite was very similar to a werewolf bite. Apparently when Iskall had brought him to the over-world, Grian had been twitching and emitting purple particles as well as making Enderman noises while unconscious. His eyes has turned purple, and he'd apparently lashed out when Iskall had accidentally made eye contact.

So he was a were-enderman? A wereman? Wenderman? Grian didn't know, but Xisuma had reassured him he was gonna be okay.

Footsteps entered the room he was on, and a bottle of water was placed in his hands. "Morning sleeping beauty."

Grian snorted. "How long was I asleep this time?"

"Well it's 2 pm right now. Endermen are nocturnal, you know." Xisuma answered.

Grian shrugged. "Well, at least I'll be immune to phantoms."

"Hey Grian?"

"Yeah?"

"I'm going to remove the blindfold, okay? I'm wearing a pumpkin, don't worry."

Grian gave a nod, and closed his eyes as Xisuma reached up and removed the cloth.

It was really bright. Grian blinked opened his eyes, shocked at how different his eyesight was. Everything was tinted purple, and he was severely nearsighted. Oh. Right. Enderman have terrible eyesight.

Xisuma was sitting in front of him, a pumpkin on his face. Grian felt something in him stir when he met Xisuma's eyes, and realized that was how Endermen must feel. If Xisuma hadn't been wearing the pumpkin, Grian knew he'd react the same was an Enderman would.

"How're you feeling?" Xisuma asked.

Grian rubbed his eyes. "My eyesight is the exact opposite of before. For once I'm glad I don't have my contacts in."

Xisuma chuckled. "Yeah, that's what I thought. Guess you'll need a new prescription."

"Yep."

___________________

Two weeks had passed since the incident, and Grian had settled back into life. Well some things were different, like how Grian was often awake during the night and always slept in late, or how Grian had to wear prescription sunglasses all the time (which were so cool by the way).

Grian also had a craving for chorus fruit, which was easily satisfied once Grian built his own chorus fruit farm. He also had a new ability, one that allowed him to teleport anywhere he wanted in a five foot radius.

Of course, Grian still preferred to use his elytra as a form of travel, but the ability was handy for surprising people.

But hey, being part enderman was pretty cool.