Day 24: Memory Loss pt 2

"Grian?"

Grian glanced up. A man who looked to be about his age walked in. He was really tall, with neat black hair and a mustache. He was wearing a full suit, with some red dust lightly coating his hands and sleeves.

"Grian, it's me, Mumbo. Do you remember me?"

Reluctantly, Grian shook his head. "No, the last thing I remember was the train ride away from Tokyo." A realization came to him. "How... How long has it been since then? I lost my memories, didn't I?"

Mumbo sat down on the edge of the bed. "It's been about five years since you graduated high school. You've been living with us, in Hermitcraft, for a few years now."

"Where's Taurtis?"

Mumbo gave him a puzzled look. "Who?"

Grian sat up, wincing as a sharp pain went through his skull. "Taurtis. He was my best friend in high school, we had an unspoken promise that we'd stay together."

The woman, Stress, spoke. "When you came here, you were alone."

"I wish I knew what was going on." Grian groaned. "Anything could've happened in five years."

"For now, how about we re-introduce you to everyone?" Mumbo suggested.

Grian nodded, swinging his legs over the side of the bed. "If it's really been five years, at least I'll be much taller. Can't wait to- Oh for the sake of-"

Once he stood up, Grian realized that after five years, he was still really short.

...Great.

"Welp! You can't win em' all!" Grian joked goodnaturedly.

____________________

Sweet heavens, the server was massive and so was everything in it. Builds reached up, only limited by the sky. There was a massive tree, a giant snail, and some hobbit holes and even a small wizard village. There was some kind of ancient, living building with a golden heart, surrounded by modern pillars. And then there was a huge mansion, the grey's and green's melding together beautifully. A blue bird rocketed out of the build, landing on Grian's shoulder with an indignant squawk.

"Oh yeah, this is Professor Beak, your parrot." Mumbo commented. "Also, you built this mansion."

"Whoa." Grian gasped in awe. "I did that!?"

"Yep. You should've seen your base last season, completely different size, but just as massive and impressive. Oh and there was your build-off house! That was a sight to behold, with the giant dragon you built on top." Mumbo chuckled. "You've done a lot here, and I haven't even gotten into the events yet."

"It seems like when I had my memories, I loved it here."

"You really did, love. You've done a lot of amazing things." Stress answered.

Grian glanced down at his feet. "I do still want to know what happened to Taurtis, I wish I could find out."

"Maybe I can help with that."

Grian turned around, recognizing the voice as the guy who wen't by "X" or something. He was ah... Well the easiest way to put it was that he was cosplaying as Doomguy who was cosplaying as a bee.

"As an Admin, I'm able to contact people out of the server. I can try to find your friend."

"Would you?" Grian asked hopefully.

X nodded, typing something on his communicator. A couple minuets later, he put it away. "I explained your memory issue, and he says he's on his way."

Not a second later, a portal opened up, and someone stepped through. They are wearing a long, purple cloak, and a halo sat on their head. And their face...

"Taurtis? You... You look so different..."

Taurtis laughed. "Take a look at yourself! Your hair is much darker now."

"Huh, guess I didn't notice." Grian smiled, pulling Taurtis in for a hug. "Though, what's all this? And why aren't you in Hermitcraft?"

Taurtis smiled. "I guess I have some explaining to do."

________________________

It was a few days later. Taurtis had explained everything up until Grian had supposedly left for Hermitcraft, and since then, his memories had slowly began coming back.

It was a lot to take in, sure, but at least he wasn't in Tokyo anymore.

Life was good.