TWENTY THREE.

"He trusts me

"He trusts me. I was chosen." Florence watched as Draco pulled up his sleeve revealing the dark mark. Florence shook her head at her brother who looked like he was about to cry. Dumbledore's eyes caught hers as she stood behind him.

"Then I shall make it easy for you." Dumbledore drew his wand and as quickly as he got it out it had rolled across the floor when Draco uttered 'Expelliarmus.'

Dumbledore praised him. "Well done Draco, but killing is not as easy." The boy looked into Dumbledore's eyes and to the clouds again. Florence watched as Viserion glided across the sky and screeched loudly to his brother. "Don't Draco." She said softly and clutched her brothers arm. "Please, it's okay." He shook his head.

Flo noticed Harry under the stairs and put a finger to her lips as Dumbledore offered his help to Draco. "I don't want your help! Don't you see? I have to do this! I have to." His voice became a whisper. "Or he's going to kill me. He'll kill Flo." Flo's heart broke at Draco's words as Bellatrix crawled behind him and praised him.

Florence gripped her brothers arm and shook her head as Bellatrix egged him on to kill Dumbledore. But then Snape fired the killing curse from just behind. Florence gasped and turned to point her wand at Snape. "How could you Severus. He trusted you." Her anger turned to fear as she saw Viserion get dragged down in chains by some death eaters by Hagrids hut.

He screeched in pain and Florence ran down the stairs, death eaters in tow. She ran straight out to Hagrid' hut and ran inside when Bellatrix set it alight. "Go! Hagrid run! I'll get what I can." He gripped the smaller girls arm.

"Florence you'll die." She shook her head and an ear piercing screech was heard and two sets of wings beat across the air as she heard Drogon fearsome roar. "Fire cannot kill a dragon."

He nodded hesitantly and escaped to the forest where fang waited for him. Florence grabbed as many small creatures and plants as she could from the hut and took them back outside. Florence watched the window as debris fell down all around the hut and Draco's voice sounded out across the field.

When Flo felt the flames engulf her she felt warm, safe. Her clothes were burned in the midst of the flames but she stepped out of the hut with fire behind her. The flames raged as students and faculty watched her step of of the hut.

The rest of the death eaters had left and Mcgonall wrapped a cloak around the girls shoulders. "He's dead." She mumbled emotionlessly and gripped the cloak tight to apparate to the burrow.

Everyone was sat eating dinner when the girl arrived. "Snape! He killed Dumbledore." She said and the burrow fell silent. Fred rushed to Flo and shielded her almost naked body and Molly wrapped a blanket around her shoulders. "It was Snape. It was always Snape!Draco. He wasn't going to do it, he lowered his wand. He doesn't want this I don't want this!" Florence said tearing up.

Fred escorted Flo upstairs and placed his sweatshirt over her head and some trousers and she cried. She wept into his arms while he hushed her and rubbed her hair. "It was my fault. I could've stopped it but I didn't and I'm so sorry Albus." She sobbed. Her eyes were red and puffy by the time she had gained her composure.

The couple had moved so Flo was laying on Fred's bed with her head on his chest and he made small braids in her hair. "You're beautiful when you cry." He said and drew small shapes on her shoulder. "I need to go back, I need to see Harry I-" Fred just hushed her as George came in with a tray of tea and biscuits for the three of them.

Florence took a deep breath and sat up, she wiped her eyes with the sleeves of Fred's sweater and gave George a smile. It was a broken smile, but a smile no less. "God I love you both so much." She said and opened her arms and Fred and George embraced her.

Sitting up against the wall, the trio played slaps. Flo slapped Fred's leg and he slapped hers and George slapped Flo's leg and she slapped his. "Holy shit. It's my birthday today." She said and started laughing. "It's my eighteenth birthday." She got up and pulled Fred and George downstairs with her.

"Let's go you fools." She said as they lagged behind her when she ran onto the field. "Hurry up!" She said and ran into the long grass with the twins following closely behind her. "Bloody hell Flora slow down."

She laughed freely and flopped in the clearing in the reeds. "You remember the bet we had?" Fred shook his head as him and George finally reached them. "If i had my first kiss before eighteen then you would both help me cast a patronus charm." Flo had struggled with casting a patronus, she barely had enough happy memories.

The twins shared a wink with her and they whipped out their wands. "Expecto patronum!" She said and a pathetic little shot of light came out of her wand as she tried to relish a happy memory.

Perhaps her happiest was when her dragons were born. But she remembered the first day at the joke shop with the Weasley twins. She casted the incantation again and a large dragon appeared out of the end of her wand and flew around a bit. "A dragon! Expected." George said and elbowed Fred in the shoulder.

"Of course it was, she's the mother of dragons you pillock."