2

The sun was shining when I arrived at Londons airport and got outside to look for a taxi driver. My mom's husband James wanted to pick me up but I wasn't in the mood to see him after this long flight. So I decided to take a taxi.

I've found one quickly and gave him my luggage„How was ur flight mam." he asked politely and smiled at me while taking a seat at the driver's seat. „It was okay, I guess, I slept the most time." he laughed a little„ Oh yes, sleeping is a great way to spend time on a long flight." I smiled at him. He was cool.

„So where to go?" he asked and looked at me over his shoulder. I told him my mom's address and he started the engine. We talked a lot about his family, he got a beautiful wife and two really cute kids, a boy and a girl. He showed me a picture of them and looked very proud. I had to smile the whole time, he was such a wonderful person.

I almost forgot what's about to happen when I leave the taxi. He gave me my bags and I smiled at him. „Thanks," I said. He smiled back, „Thanks to you young lady, it's been a while since I talked to someone so well."

„Yeah, for me too." I saw a bit of sadness in his eyes.It's sad that Taxi drivers are treated often so badly. They're always nice, even they have a stressful job,very nice, they don't deserve to be treated like shit.

„Have a good time in London," he said and winked at me. I nodded and whispered a quiet„Thank u.". He smiled one last time and went back to the driver seat. I watched him until the taxi disappeared behind the next corner.

And then I realized where I was, I turned around and looked at the big house in front of me. This was supposed to be my new home. And I already hated it.

It was painted dull boring white, and every apartment had a perfect balcony with some perfect flowers and other plants. I rolled my eyes, this was exactly what I expected from my mom. A perfect looking house in the middle of a perfect city.

It felt like a nightmare. At this moment I would've given  everything to sit with dad on our sofa and watch football together. But my life said Nah, that's not as funny as this shit. And left me standing here.

I looked at the doorbells

Andrews

Michealson

Brown

Jackson

Smith

Jones

Jones, I hated this name, I raised my arm and pressed the doorbell. A few seconds later the door made a sound and let me enter the house. I rolled my 2 bags after me into the elevator and felt the excitement rise. I hadn't seen my mom for a while.

When the elevator opened his doors I saw her. She was wearing a red dress and a pair of black heels. She smiled brightly and pulled me into a hug. And it felt uncomfortable and wrong. „My girl ur so tall, and did you cut ur hair?" I shook my head „I actually let it grow since last year." I answered and looked at the floor.

she giggled and cleared her throat „Anyways,where is James?" she asked and looked behind me. I looked at her confused„Where should he be?" I knew that he wanted to pick me up from the airport but as I said,I didn't wanted to see him.

„Didn't he let u know that he wanted to pick you up?"I shook my head„No I don't think so." well, yeah that lie was probably not cool but I had to do it.

„Okay, I'm gonna show you your new room," she said and opened the door.

The apartment was huge, James had to be rich. When I looked out of the window I could see the whole city. This apartment even had a fireplace in the living room.

And my room was huge too, it was like 3 times bigger than my room in LA. And it was way more luxurious. I even had my own bathroom.

„How do you like it." mom asked after she showed me the apartment and smiled again with her perfect shining teeth. „I like really like it," I answered and looked at the big bed in front of me. I could literally fit in there 5 times.

„That's good to hear, I hope you feel comfortable in your new home." I nodded without looking at her. Yup, my new home.

„We're going out later to celebrate that you are finally here, you should probably." she looked at my outfit„You'd better get dressed in something else," she said and left me alone in this....in my room.

I looked at the mirror, I didn't even look that bad, I've worn a big hoodie and some leggings. What else should I've worn for a long flight, a mini skirt, and a crop top?

I looked around, this place felt like everywhere else, but not like home. My grams always said,„ Home is not where your things are, but where your heart is." I always thought this sentence was cringe as fuck, but at this moment I knew exactly what she meant.