4

We didn't talk one word when I got back to the table. It was so awkward again. Especially because mom looked at me the whole time like I did something wrong. I just left the table because ur husband talked about my Dead dad. I'm sorry but that's just embarrassing mom. I didn't kill him.

I saw this boy again when we left the restaurant, he just smirked again while looking at me. I rolled my eyes.

It was dark outside when we arrived at the apartment. I nearly ran into my room. I didn't want to have a conversation with this man again. I closed the door quickly and locked it. That was the worst meal I ever had. My mom got me a salmon salad when I went to the toilette. I didn't even like salmon. Oh yeah, there was this dad thing too. That made this to my worst freaking dinner ever.

I raised my look and saw myself in the incredibly big mirror beside the bed. I think I could've killed myself at this moment to think about this, but I thought about this boy, with his beautiful eyes and hair. And I thought about him because I realized that my hair was a little blonde. A little bit blonde.

I shook my head, I mean he looked freaking attractive, but I never thought about a boy twice since dad died. He never wanted me to have a boyfriend he said I was too young to have a boyfriend. Too young to let my heartbreak, that's what he always said.

Dad's heart was broken by Mom, I remembered every fucking day he cried when I came home from school. He always wiped his tears away when I saw him sitting on the sofa. He smiled at me, asked me about the school, but I knew what he was thinking, and it hurt so much.

He died full of pain.

———————————————————————

The next morning my alarm woke me up at 6 am, 6 am on a Monday. I hated Mondays especially because the weekend was over. And this Monday was shity on another level. A new school, new people, new teachers, new everything. I already hated this Monday more than every single one in my life.

When I left my room to eat some breakfast mom came up to me, she looked even more extra than yesterday.,Good morning my dear." she said and smiled,  I mumbled a quiet, Morning." she looked down at me, „Claire, didn't I told you about the school uniforms?" I sighed„No, no you didn't."

I heard about them, its perfect for the British. They look extra, elegant and formally, just like their owner.,,Yours should've been in your closet, haven't you seen it ?" I shook my head. I saw it but I hoped that I didn't have to wear it. It looked so uncomfortable.

„You should go and look again, you have to wear it you know?" she said and did a shooing gesture.

I looked at the mirror, this felt so...wrong? I didn't even know how this felt. I've never worn a Uniform, and I knew exactly why. I didn't even look good in it. I didn't fit in here, in this society.

Mom looked at me satisfied when sat down at the table and smiled bight.

„You look beautiful my girl."

„Thank you, mom." I answered and looked at my plate.

„Did you ever worn a tie?" it came from James' direction. I raised my look.

„No, why?" I answered confused.

He smirked and shook his head„That's why it looks like a 3 year old did it."

Mom smiled at him and stood up„Wait, I'm going to fix it." she pulled it tighter.

James drove me to school, but we didn't talk a word except for „Good luck." when I left the car in front of the school. It was pretty cold, different than LA.

There where so many students standing around, talking, and waiting for the bell to ring. It felt like everyone was staring at me when I walked past them like they could've smelled that I'm new.

I had not that many friends at my old school, and I think no-one of them cared when I went to the UK. I was this quiet kid, sitting alone in the breaks and just talking when I had to. My real friends came from the streets. My neighbors, most of them were boys, dad never liked them, they smoked and were drunk every weekend. But I loved them, I always felt like they are the only people I could've trusted.

They were like a family, and they were sad as fuck when I told them I had to leave LA.

„Hey." I felt my heart stop briefly and turned around quickly„Don't do that, you scared the hell out of me!" I said. The red-haired girl looked at me and rolled her eyes while smiling„My god is everyone from America so unfriendly? I just wanted to say Hi." I raised an eyebrow.

„Don't look at me like that!" she said and laughed„Is it so unbelievable that someone wants to talk to you?" I shook my head confused„No, no I just....
I'm sorry my name is claire and yours ?"

She smiled„Emely, nice to meet you Claire."„Nice to meet ya too." I answered and smiled back. The bell ringed and she looked at her phone „Oh dear, I have maths now Mrs. Willson is going to kill me if I'm late again, I'm sorry but I have to leave now."

„ Oh it's okay, no problem, I have to go to the principal's office anyways." she nodded „ I'll look for you on the break." she said quickly and ran towards the school. I looked after her confused. She was nice, the first nice person I met except the taxi driver.

I shouldered my bag and went towards the big building. Everything looked different than in my imagination. I thought it would be like Hogwarts, a little old, maybe antique but it was modern. Big windows, white clean walls, and bright shining LED lamps.

I looked around, I had no idea where the principal's office was. The hallways were empty when I finally did it and found the office without asking a random person.

I knocked at the door and entered the room.