Chapter Two

Goddamn it!

You'd been warned about the traffic in New York but this....this was bad. Cars zoomed past you faster than you could see, a cold wind smacking you with every single one that passed.

For some 'bright reason' you had decided to walk to your destination, and in the span of only about five minutes you had gone from 'refreshing walk' to 'you were hating every moment of it.' People crowded around you and pushed you wherever they saw fit, and the bumping and tumbling was making you dizzy. There was a morning humidity from last night's storms causing your white blouse to become sticky; It practically glued itself to your skin. At some point you had groaned from the pointlessness of it all which was rewarded with a cat call from some crotchety old man. New York, New York.... you sighed. This wasn't exactly the vacation you'd imagined. However, despite all the doom and gloom and homesickness, you were excited, as you were going to meet your online boyfriend today. You'd met him over OkayCupid and what you thought was going to be a quick in quick out turned out to be a fruitful, exciting relationship. You had video chatted with him a few weeks ago (just to make sure he wasn't some old creep) and sure enough, he was who he said he was. You stopped at the foot of his apartment building and looked up, marveling at the luxurious, modern texture of it. Welp. You took your first step inside the sleek lobby.

Time to meet my boyfriend.

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

218....220....Aha! You stopped in front of Room 222, slightly stimulated by the fact that it was an angel number. You knocked a little rhythm on the door, remembering a listening strategy your kindergarten teachers used. Suddenly, the door swung open and...

..there he was. The boy you'd been so excited to meet all these months. The boy you'd fantasized about late at night. You giggled a little bit; He was more dreamy in real life than he was over the laggy zoom calls you'd shared. His hair was a wavy chestnut brown that slightly covered one of his eyes. Below the blanket of hair on the top of his head it was shaved, revealing a rose tattoo near the back of his head. His eyes, well...You chuckled. Man, don't get me started on his eyes! "Hello, Y/N." He said with a smile. You almost gasp at how perfect and white his teeth are, each smooth tooth perfectly lining up with it's neighbor. "H-Hello, D-Devin..." You nervously smile back. He lightly chuckles - oh, what a beautiful sound - and boops your nose, his touch leaving little tingles where his skin connected with yours. He gestures towards his couch and you tenatively walk in and sit yourself down on the tanned leather couch.

For a while you are both placated by Netflix and small talk, but eventually you feel a warm hand snake up your shirt. You look towards Devin with a questioning look, which he responds to with a raunchy smile. Suddenly, you feel very embarrassed and uncomfortable. "U-Umm, Devin...." you awkwardly chuckle as you pull his hand out of your bra strap and carefully place it next to him. "I don't think I'm ready for anything like....that...." You settled back down, convinced that he was satisfied with your answer when he stopped you, placing his hand on your crotch.

Blush spilled across your face, partially from stimulation but also partially from anger. "Devin..!" He grabbed your shoulders and brought you close to his body, breathing a warm, minty breath on your neck that gave you goosebumps. "C'mon Babe...." He mumbled against your skin. "I've been waiting to do this with you for what feels like forever.... just relax and enjoy." He then bit your ear, HARD. You shrieked and tried to push him away, but to no avail; He was exceptionally stronger than you. "Help, help!" you screamed, hoping someone in the room below would hear you. Sure enough, a few seconds later you heard banging on the door. "Stop hurting that girl!" A young males' voice chimed. "I'll call 911!" Devin shoved you to the ground, obviously angry at you. "Nothing is going on in here!" he violently screamed, his face turning red with rage. "No, no, don't listen to him, help!" you continued to scream. Devin covered your mouth immediately, the roughness of his grab irritating the skin around your mouth. "SHUT. UP." He said this with so much animalistic vexation that he almost terrified you. In fact, he did terrify you. You were....scared. Tears began to form in your eyes. You had been so excited to meet what had seemed like the boy of your dreams just to find out that he couldn't respect your boundaries. A few minutes of struggling passed, both you and Devin fighting for dominance in a frenzied battle of uneasiness. "No! Stop! Devin, why are you doing this?!" You shrieked, fighting to hold back a full grown man. "Because I love you!" He swiped at your breast causing you to cry out in pain. A throbbing feeling resided where he had grabbed you, your sensitive chest skin now irritated and inflamed. He then had the upper hand over you. He held you down and began to kiss and bite your neck, breathing like a starving wolf who was tearing up his meal. You began to sob as he slowly began to make his way down your collar, sucking and pinching here and there. He pulled down your shirt inch by inch while you cried. Feelings of invasion and terror overwhelmed you. Pain was erupting in your chest, a vibrant, stabbing pain until...

....it wasn't.

A woman that looked as though she were in Law Enforcement pulled Devin up off of you, slamming him against the nearby wall and cuffing him. He shot a glare at you, one that pierced your skin. He was furious, and he wanted you to know it. "Alright, buster....let's get you down to the station..." She forcibly pushed him out the door as another Police Officer helped you up. She queried if you were okay but you were too shocked and embarrassed to say anything. You quickly walked out of the room, keeping your head down as you went.

Why, why?! You allowed yourself to cry, your tears dripping down your face and landing on the teal carpet beneath you. You barely noticed any of the delays you had been so angry about that morning; The speeding cars dulled and faded as you contemplated and wallowed in your mind. The people who had shoved and pushed you this morning seemed like simple gusts of wind compared to the way Devin had hurt you. You ran all the way home as misery consumed your very being. How could you have been so foolish!? You mentally forehead smacked yourself, remembering that naive optimism you had had this morning. Let's face it, you thought to yourself.

Today was NOT great.

Ayyyyyy

I apologize if this Chapter isn't as well written as the last, I literally wrote this thing in the middle of school as my teachers were lecturing. Along with that I'm extremely congested from my seasonal allergies, so I can't read it to myself out loud.

Next Chapter will be better.

Because next Chapter, shits gonna go down.

-Chanson