Me in your sweater

I closed my eyes and made a silent wish, that nights like these would continue to happen forever, however long that would last at least.

Clay stirred and sat up, pulling me back onto his lap, my eyes snapping back open to smile warmly at him, the reflection of the stars bouncing off of our eyes, making him look like a kid on Christmas.

"I don't think I'll ever forget this day." I announced, causing Clay to smile softly and kiss my temple.

"Good, because I'm never forgetting it either."

As another breeze flew by that was much colder than the last, I shivered and rubbed my arms for warmth. Clay noticed and took off his sweater, handing it to me. My eyes widened and I shook my head, "Oh no, I can't take this. You'll be cold!" I protested and he just laughed that funny sound that increases my serotonin levels.

I took it from his hand and pulled it over my head. It smelled of warm and sweet spiced cinnamon, Clay's smell. The material was heavy and warm, the sleeves too long in just the perfect way.

"It's okay Y/n/n, I'll be fine." He assured me, bringing his wrist up to his face, so that his watch turned and reflected the moons light to illuminate his face in the dimly lit field.

"Come on, let's get you home." He stood up and brushed off his pants, grabbing my hand and pulling me up. He kept his hand in mine while we walked back to my home.

Walking slowly to ensure that the moment could last as long as possible, although it was cold and dark, the whole world was filled with warmth and light as long as we had each other. I would never say it aloud, but I knew that Clay was my lifeline, the one strong piece of thread still keeping me from diving off the edge into the deep and dark unknown.

The dimly lit streetlights that flickered every so often cast a yellowy hue over the entire street, and what I thought was one of Clay's best lights. Although it was dark and I couldn't see the greatest, I knew one thing well- that the boy next to me was beautiful, because handsome did him absolutely no justice.

Nearing my front door, I sighed and turned to face him as he dropped my hand. I cursed under my breath, immediately missing his warmth.