10: Butterflies?! No. Just no.

"We're doing this today. You've put it off long enough."

I shook my head as I kept walking, trying to ignore Kason. "We have another week, I think it can still wait."

Kason stepped in front of me, stopping me in my tracks. "No. You have to at least get it over with, Rylee. You can't put it off forever."

I pointed at him. "Actually, I can."

"Fine. If you won't get a tattoo, I won't train hop."

My eyes narrowed. "Well played." I let out a groan. "Alright fine. I'm getting that tattoo today, meaning you will train hop tomorrow."

Kason grinned. "Deal. Come on, we can go to the parlor now."

My eyebrows went up. "Now? As in now now?"

"Yes, pay attention, genius." Kason turned and motioned for me to follow. "Let's go."

"But school just ended, I'm hungry." I whined, hoping he would get annoyed and leave me alone for now.

"We'll get food. After you get the tattoo."

"You're mean." I grumbled as I followed him.

Kason laughed. "Poor baby."

I smacked his arm. "Jerk."

"Brat."

We made it out to the parking lot and I spotted Rhonda standing by her car with a group of friends. She saw me too and gave me an 'are you stupid?' look. I remembered her warnings that day. She was right about Kason, I would give her that, but I didn't feel the need to run away from him like she suggested. I just shrugged at her.

Kason's hand suddenly stopped me and I glared up at him.

"What was that for?"

"You were about to run right smack into my car." He said, raising an eyebrow.

I looked down to see that I was barely an inch from it. "Oh. Oops. Hey, can I drive your car? It's something you've done that I haven't, it can count."

"No."

"Come on, please? Please, please, please?"

"No." Kason grabbed his keys. "Just get in the car. I'm not going to let you or anyone drive my car ever."

I snorted. "So you treat your car like a baby?"

"I just don't trust others with her."

"Her? Does she have a name?"

"No, why would I name a car?" Kason opened the passenger door and pushed my shoulders. "Get in."

I dropped onto the seat, disappointed that I couldn't drive this car. It would be awesome. "I could come up with a name for this car." I offered as Kason got behind the wheel.

"Please don't."

I laughed. "That means I will."

He rolled his eyes. "Whatever, Rylee. I probably can't stop you."

"You're learning. Very good."

I watched the fall scenery go by as we drove and tried thinking up a ridiculous name. But for some reason, I was having a hard time. Which was disappointing. Annoying Kason was always so fun.

I then realized how much time I'd been spending with him lately. Sure, it was for a class, but I wasn't hating it like I expected I would. He was still an annoying jerk sometimes and he smoked too much, but he was surprisingly cool to be around.