20: A shot in the dark

"I don't see the point of keeping this bag on my head." I muttered bitterly. "I wasn't even awake ten minutes ago."

"Stop talking." One of the men growled, shaking my arm slightly. The other guy grunted in agreement.

I went quiet, not wanting to test my limits with these guys. I woke up in a tiny, dark room just a few minutes ago, with no idea of how much time had passed since they took me from the motel.

I hoped Kason was okay. I knew he'd be worried about me, and even worse, that he was probably blaming himself.

The two men were leading me somewhere after kindly bagging my head, and I had a feeling I was about to see Jacob's lovely face. Great. Hopefully I could kick his ass and possibly get out of here. But the chances of that were, sadly, very slim.

I heard the slam of a heavy door ring out from behind, and the men stopped me. They pushed me down roughly, and I fell to my knees. "Hey! Assholes."

Someone yanked the bag off my head. I blinked a few times as I took in the large, rather dimly lit room. It was obviously night out. Hopefully that meant I was only out for a few hours.

In front of me, holding the bag that was over my head, stood Jacob. His expensive shoes looked muddy. I looked at them pointedly. "You must be devastated. Your fancy shoes are dirty."

"Why am I not surprised?" Jacob said dismissing my statement. "You still have your humor. I guess you're using it while you can."

"Get on with it." A deep voice growled from my right. My heart jumped and I looked over to see Kason standing nearby, tense and looking pissed.

"Kason? What are you doing here, you idiot?" I questioned. Why did he show up? He was being so stupid.

"He has kindly offered some things in exchange for your freedom." Jacob answered for him.

I turned my glare on him. "No. Whatever he offered, decline it."

Jacob looked at Kason. "This is why I brought her out. It involves both of you, so that means she has a say in this, right?"

Kason's eyes were on mine, silently asking if I was okay. After I nodded ever so slightly, he turned to Jacob to respond. "That's bullshit and you know it. The only person that ever gets a say around here is you. I already made my offer. Take it and get past this mess."

"No." I spoke up, shaking my head. "What did you offer?"

Jacob was smiling, like this was entertaining to him. "If I set you free, he will trade all his freedoms in and basically become my servant. Anything I tell him, he does. No matter how horrible or ridiculous."

My eyes widened and I turned to Kason. "What? You idiot. How dumb can you be?"

"I'm doing this for you." Kason growled.

"Hell no. This isn't some super hero movie where you make a noble sacrifice. What is it with you people acting like everything's a movie?" I glared at Jacob. "And you are acting like you're the cool villain of a boss movie. You're a villain alright, but come on."

"Rylee, this isn't a joke." Kason snapped.

"I know that." I hissed, getting angrier by the second. I was so done with all this crap from the beginning, and I was over it. I started getting to my feet, but the two guys that brought me here tried keeping me down. I shoved them off. "Get off me!"

Jacob held up his hand and the guys backed off, allowing me to get up. "Were you trying to get to a point, Rylee?"

I straightened my shirt with a huff. "If you would shut your mouth, I could."