19: Well shit

Thunder rumbling outside pulled me awake. My eyes opened slowly and I took in my dim surroundings. It was clearly morning, but it was raining, so I couldn't tell what time it was.

But I didn't care to know. I was more cozy than I've ever been. This bed was probably the most comfortable one I ever laid on. Considering how much I moved, I'd tried a lot of beds.

I took in a deep breath, content to remain here forever. A second later, I felt an arm wrap around my waist and pull me closer. A smile tugged at my lips. "Who knew Kason Brooks was a cuddler."

Kason's arm tightened around me as he buried his face in my hair. "Not a word about it, Rylee. You don't want to ruin my reputation." His rough voice responded.

I smiled. "Your secret is safe with me." I snuggled into the blankets more. "I'm guessing you're not going to school?"

He laughed slightly. "Hell no. I'm not going to leave while you're in my bed."

"I see why. Your bed is the comfiest thing I've ever laid on. Can I steal it from you?"

"Oh, so you want to steal my car, and now my bed. Are you going to rob me blind one of these days?"

"I just might. You have good stuff."

Kason chuckled. "I'll have to keep an eye on you then."

A few minutes passed as we remained in place. Then he sat up a bit and moved my hair off my face. He kissed my jaw. "I need to get up, sweetheart."

I twisted so I could see him. "Really?"

"Yes, I have things to do. I'm sure you'll survive." Kason got up and walked over to the bathroom, giving me a good view of his strong, tattooed back.

"Enjoying the view." I said, smirking as I watched him.

He smirked back at me. "I'm getting in the shower, want to join me?"

I rolled my eyes, but smiled. "No, I'm not moving from this cloud of a bed. You enjoy your shower. Alone." I rolled back over and let my body sink back into the bed.

"You're cruel sometimes, you know that, sweetheart?"

"Of course I do. Now go. Apparently you'll be busy today."

The bathroom door closed and I closed my eyes. I could hear the rain outside, and the occasional rumble of thunder was soothing to my ears. I let myself drift back to sleep.

* * *

When I woke up again, Kason was gone. I wasn't exactly surprised, but I was still wondering where he could have disappeared to. I was worried about what he could be doing.

Was he being reckless just to help me? It wouldn't surprise me. But it would also piss me off. Kason didn't care about his safety, but I did. I didn't want anything happening to him.

I knew I cared about him for awhile now. My crush was probably obvious. But since last night... I felt so much more for him. He seemed to occupy my every thought, and I felt everything around him. I knew my feelings for him ran deeper than I realized.

But... did Kason feel the same? He had to at least like me, right? He probably wouldn't have brought me to his place for safety if he didn't. But I always felt doubt when it came to things like this. I wasn't used to getting close to people, and when I did it never seemed to work, like with Tony.

I didn't feel like freaking myself out with this downward thought process, so I got up and hopped into the shower. I didn't have any of my things, so I just used Kason's shower things. I found out his soap was the source of the warmth in his scent, like maple or carmel. I would definitely buy some of this when I had the chance.