Chapter 3

JASPER POV

I've been worried about Alice. She's been having visions for the past month and a half that don't make sense to any of us. None of us can find any clues or connection between any of her visions, and we haven't recognized the places either. They were abrupt and short and consisted of things like an unfamiliar office being trashed as if someone broke into it, or a house burning to the ground. We all started to get worried when she had a vision about the Volturi leaving Volterra to meet with someone. They didn't give a name, but she could tell they were talking about a man. If it was one of us we would have known about it by now. So who are they meeting, and how is any of this related to us?

We were determined to find answers, and we got our chance when Alice had a vision last week of a woman running through the forest and heading for Forks. It wasn't just any woman either that Alice saw. It was Mary Cencell, an actress that had gone missing in the 1930's. It seemed strange, but not too unbelievable that she had been turned into a vampire.

Carlisle, Edward, Bella, Emmett, Alice, and I went out to search for Mary. Rosalie and Esme stayed behind at the house to look after Renesmee. Jacob wanted to stay with Renesmee, but Edward and Carlisle convinced him to stay and search his territory around the Reservation.

"Alice, do you know where in the forest you had seen her?"

Carlisle asked turning his head to look at her before looking ahead again to watch where he was going.

"Possibly near the Reservation, but I'm not sure. I'm sorry guys."

"It's alright. We'll find her."

I tried to reassure her and gave her a side smile and she returned the gesture. Edward pulled out his phone and started texting on it.

"I'll send Jacob a text to see if he has seen anything yet. We're still too far out for me to pick up any of the wolves thoughts. "

He stated, and we all just nodded while we continued to venture towards the reservation. It used to be completely off limits, but as Jacob being the Alpha of his own pack the new treaty was a bit more relaxed. We were allowed to go onto each others territories as long as we are invited or something serious happened that involves one of us on the other persons territory. Some of the wolves still don't like us around so we don't go onto their territory too often.

We all stopped once we saw Seth, and looked towards Edward to help translate since Seth was in his wolf form. Before Edward could say anything his phone pinged, signaling he had gotten a text back from Jacob. He checked his phone, and looked up at all of us.

"Jacob said he just found her near the Reservation. He also said there's something off about her, but doesn't think she is a threat."

This only posed more questions for all of us. If she wasn't a threat then why was she here? Maybe she was faking it and lying to Jacob just to get on with her plans. I don't think Jacob could get tricked so easily, but she is an actress. We still didn't know anything for certain. I ran my fingers through my medium length dirty-blonde hair out of frustration. Alice seemed to notice my mind trying to work out multiple plans for the situation at hand, and started rubbing my arm to comfort me.

"She's on the move!"

Edward exclaimed, and then we all heard the howls. It was Jacob and Leah, and Seth instantly responded by howling as well. The wind picked up, and I noticed the sweet and unfamiliar scent right away, and started to take off in that direction.

"This way!"

Instantly everyone followed suit, picking up on the new scent as well. The wolves were closer, but we weren't far behind. Clearly she wasn't too fast, because it didn't take long for all of us to come to a stop at a cave. Leah had already gone inside, and Seth walked over to Jacob who was waiting for us outside of the cave. Mary's scent was much stronger now, and very alluring. I looked over to Alice, and she seemed to notice this too. She smelled like strawberries and whipped cream, and neither of us could get enough of it but we had to focus on the situation at hand. I rolled my shoulders back and tilted my head side to side to get into focus.