Chapter 4

Trigger Warning!

Mary's POV

The calm feeling has been gone for a while and my fear was slowly creeping back. Maybe I didn't die at all. There are so many maybes or 'what if' questions, and I can't answer a single one of them. Even if it's scary I need to turn my senses back on. I can't stay like this forever. It's scary to even stay here and not know what's really happening to me out there. I need to be brave right now. Best case scenario they mistook me for really being dead and left me alone. You got this, Mary. Just take it slow.

I slowly brought back my senses one at a time. First my sense of smell, then hearing, taste, sight, and finally touch. I was staring up at a white ceiling which was confusing. Wasn't I in a cave? I slowly sat up in a bed inside a room that resembled a home office/library. I thought maybe Robert had captured me again, but there was no sign of his scent anywhere in this room. Actually there were multiple scents that lingered in the room one of them smelled like lavender and another smelled of honey. These two stuck out to me the most and were very calming and addictive.

Swinging my feet off the bed they dangled down unable to reach the floor. I sat there on the edge of the bed as I examined the room. There were bookcases against the wall, that were filled up with books. None of them had any dust on them so whoever lived here must read or clean a lot. Possibly both. There was a reading nook beside the bookshelves and a desk on the other side of the room. It had another one of those black box things that I saw earlier in Robert's office.

Slowly sliding off the bed I reached the floor without making any noise. This could be the Volturi's house, but it doesn't look anything like I thought it would. I liked this room it was much bigger than my old one. It felt cozy, but not cozy enough for me to stay in. I'll be damned before I get locked up in another room for eternity. There was a black curtain on the wall and I quickly opened them just to get blinded immediately. I shielded my eyes from the blinding light, and it took me a moment but I realized it was the sun. It was the brightest thing I've ever seen in my life. Brighter than I ever remembered. That was probably from the enhanced sight that vampires have. I lowered the intensity of my sight to a human level that way I could see a lot easier. My eyes were not used to such bright lights like this.

I noticed that I was still in the forest somewhere that I didn't know. That man from before, Jacob, he spoke English to me so I'm probably still in America. This house was secluded just like Robert's house was. I'm curious if there was actual towns or cities any where near this place. I hesitated but I slowly opened the window and a breeze immediately hit my face and blew through my hair. A bright smile made it's way on my face as I leaned my head out of the window. The sun was peaking in the sky so it was probably some time around noon. That means I stayed in my void for the whole morning.

" I missed the sunrise "

I said quietly disappointed. I was determined to see the sunset no matter what though. I slowly climbed out of the window, and onto the roof. I tucked my dress over my bum before sitting down on the flat roof resting my back against the outside wall of the house. It looked like I was on the third floor of the house. I looked down at myself to notice my skin sparkling all over. My eyes widened in confusion and started rubbing my skin harshly but to no avail. It didn't hurt thankfully, but it was still strange. I quickly moved closer to the window where there was shade from the sun, and noticed all the sparkles had gone away.

"This must be a vampire thing. I wonder if all vampires can do this."

I slowly stuck my hand out of the shade and into the sunlight to see my fingers start to sparkle again. I giggled lightly as I played around sticking different parts of my body out into the sunlight to see them sparkle. After I was done playing around I sat in the shaded are of the roof to gaze out into the nature of the world. I could sit here for hours drinking in this view, but I had important things to think about. For instance whose house is this?