Chapter 5

Slowly I turned on our hearing sense again, and he rewarded me by kissing my forehead. I had stopped crying, but I had surely ruined his shirt with my tears, and running makeup. I didn't dare search for any mirrors, because I was certain that I looked like a mess. Looking around the new room it looked to be more of a doctor's office with hospital equipment on one side of the room, and a desk and sofas on the other side of the room. Are we still in the same house? The man bent down to place me in one of the sofas, but I just clung onto him tighter and whined in protest not wanting lose any contact from him.

"I'm not going anywhere, Mary. I promise."

His voice sounded heavenly with a hint of a Texas accent. I just whined and continued to cling onto him. I wasn't ready to face anything scary at the moment, and this strange man brought me comfort. He rubbed my side while sitting down on the sofa, and settling me down in his lap. Like he had promised he didn't leave me so I loosened my death grip on him. I looked up at him to see his face for the first time, and when my eyes met his eyes, in that moment the rest of the world was lost to me. He was handsome. Extremely handsome, with the brightest golden eyes I've ever seen. He cracked a side smile as he watched me drink him in and examine every feature of his face so it could be engrained into my memory forever.

"My name is Jasper. You are safe here I promise. And right beside us is Alice."

It was hard to look away, but when I did I was instantly met with the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen. Alice was sat down in the other sofa just a couple inches away and she smelled like lavender. It looked like she was just crying too which made me sad, but I must have truly died and went to heaven to be meeting these two angels. No one has ever made me feel the way these two have made me feel. And I don't even know them. I can't even put into words how they make me feel. Complete. Whole. Safe. These intense feelings were confusing, but I know I'd do anything for both of them. Alice noticed me staring at her and giggled softly. To put it simply she was perfect. Her brown short hair framed her face perfectly, and she had the same mesmerizing eyes that Jasper had.

"I.. I'm Mary."

"It is very nice to meet you, Mary. I'm Alice, I'm sorry that we had to meet you like this."

"I am happy to have met you at all."

I was still dazed by the way these two made me feel. She laughed again, and pulled a warm rag out of thin air like magic. I watched her carefully as she turned a bit more to face me.

"Is it alright if I clean you up a bit, sweet girl?"

I slowly nodded, and she got to work cleaning up my face. I'm a little embarrassed to have looked so horrendous in front of both of them. She was very gentle, and cupped my face in her hand when she was done.

"All finished."

Her hand lingered on my cheek, and I leaned into it feeling those tingles that I felt earlier with Jasper. Except these tingles somehow felt more like Alice. I didn't want it to go away, but she slowly moved her hand away and gestured over to someone else before I could start whining again.

"This is Carlisle. He's a doctor, and like a father figure to all of us."

Embarrassed was not strong enough of a word to describe how I felt. I had completely forgotten that other people even existed. And I had very rudely screamed at him, and all those other people not too long ago. I'm going to have to apologize to them later since they didn't seem to be in the room with us. Looking up at the smiling blonde doctor name Carlisle I only made eye contact for a moment, and then looked away.

"I-It's very nice to meet you doctor. I'm sorry for my rude behavior earlier."

He crouched down in front of me with the same kind smile still plastered on his face.