Oopsie~Lucio

A/n SLIGHT SPOILERS: In this story Lucio is no longer a ghost he is alive and human and this takes place after you beat the devil the first time. (I know Lucio's path isn't finished but let's pretend) Also I will no longer refer "your" character as *enter name here* it is now just MC.

         You are in your room located in the Countesses castle finally starting to fall asleep when someone aggressively knocks on your door. With tired limbs and eyes you get up to open the door. Upon opening the door you can see Lucio and his very frantic movements. "Ah MC finally can I come in please." You don't bother answering you just side step away from the door so he can enter. You already have a guess as of to why he is here just not the correct amount of damage it could cause "let me guess you made another oopsie." He nervously laughs "no, no I would never..... okay I lied I made a very bad oopsie." "What did you do?" "Well you see the devils after me again....." he coughs and looks everywhere but your eyes. "Wha- how did you even manage that" you say with wide eyes your breathing becoming slightly irregular. Lucio see this and starts you awkwardly rub your back "well you see I actually don't know, I was just working when suddenly the devil appeared right in front of me. I booked it before I could see what he wanted." "Your positive it was real....right?" You asked not really knowing if you wanted to know the answer. "I'm sorry MC but it was very real." "Oh my... he's back....HE BAC-" Lucio quickly covers your mouth and shushes you. "I know your scared MC but you can't be screaming that the devil is back!" "Ah your right I'm sorry.... I just.... we both know what we're going to have to do" you speak in hushed whispers. "I know angel and I will be right with you when you chain him again, but for now we have to tell Nadia."

WARNING: SLIGHT GORE AHEAD
A Week Later:

         You and Lucio spoke to Nadia and she decided it would be best if you and Lucio were with each other at all times to protect one another. Even though everyone knows the devil is truly only after you. You're reading at your desk and Lucio is sitting on your shared bed staring out the window when suddenly a red mist appears behind you. "MC!" Lucio screams right before your consumed in the mist. Your scared to turn around but you know you must, to save yourself and everyone you love. When you finally turn around your met with the sadistic grin of the devil. "Hello my dear MC oh how much I've missed you." The devils words make a chill run down your spine. "Devil don't you remember what happened last time we tangoed" your words are confident you just hope he can't hear the tremor in your voice. He tsks in response. "My, my MC well while I was "away" I learned a few new tricks and got stronger but instead of telling you how about I show you." The devil doesn't allow you to defend yourself when he shoots around 15 chains towards you. They all wrap around your limbs and neck as they burn flaming hot, slowly tighten until you can hardly breathe and you have at least 2 broken bones. You let out a very breathy scream when you hear more bones pop. "Dear MC were not done yet." At first you think nothing is happening until the chains seem colder. Mustering the strength left in your body you tilt your head up to see Lucio trying to distract the devil which causes the chains to fall, your dead weight body with them. The devil blocks one of Lucio's attacks and simply vanishes but not before saying "I'll be back, back to finish the job." Lucio is breathing heavy but slowly turns around only to see you on the ground one arm bent out of place, one leg twisted in the opposite direction, and you have burn marks all over your body. "MC!" He runs over to your lifeless body and checks your pulse. "Please be alive....please" checking you pulse he can tell it's there but very faint. "Love if you can hear me, I wish not to leave you but I must find Asra so he heal you as much as he can" Lucio says with a shaky voice and tears welling up in his eyes. "I'll be back I promise."

2 Weeks Later:

        You slowly come to with a pounding headache and pains along your whole body. You blink your eyes repeatedly to clear away the "fog". When you turn your head slightly to the left you see Lucio sitting in a chair next to your bed. With a scratchy voice you try and speak "Lu-" it's cut off by a coughing fit. Lucio wakes up right when he hears the coughing. "MC your alive thank goodness your alive!" You try and speak again but your throat is too dry to decide to point to your throat instead to get the message across. "Ah your throat you must need water, hold on love." Lucio leaves the room and returns with a cup of water. You take the cup with a small grateful smile and drink the ice cold beverage. "Thank you" you finally say. "No thank you for coming back to me, Asra healed as much as he could but you still have a broken leg and a few burn marks....you were out for 2 weeks...I thought you were dead" Lucio states with a defeated tone and tears streaming down his red cheeks from previously leaning on the chair. You put your shaky hand on his face and say "hey now I'm okay you saved me.... but did he come back?" "No,no he didn't come back surprisingly." "Thank gosh" you say closing your eyes again. "My love you must be tired get some rest I won't leave your side, once you wake up again we will try to get you on your feet again." You grumble something in response. Lucio laughs a full hearted laugh "I love you, rest now."

Word Count: 1051