Worth The Wait~ Lucio x Male!Reader

A/n: Lucio's route is obviously not completed (by the time I'm writing this), so for the sake of this story I am going to make my own ending.

Requested by: @UnicornGirl039

READERS POV. (2nd person)

The end of the battle was near, all of the hardships and sacrifices would soon be worth it. You and Lucio fought side by side through out the whole battle against the Devil. Lucio never left you alone and you never left him alone. It was a great and needed comfort knowing someone had your back at all times. The previous encounters with the Devil were difficult and this one was no exception, you just couldn't wait for it to finally be all over.
The sounds of metal clashing with metal fills the air. Every once and a while magic shot by Asra, would zoom past your face. Your back was pressed against Lucio's back as you both slowly turn around making sure to stop all of the Devils chains in there tracks. The amount of magic you have used so far is slowly taking a toll on your beat up body. You have burn marks scattered around your arms and legs from the fire like heat of the chains. Lucio is in better condition then you are, he has less fatigue and less burn marks. Mainly from the fact that he doesn't use magic, only a sword.
The fight continues on until you hear Asra yell aloud "MC, you have your chance now!" You know what he means right away, everyone including the Devil knows that your the only person who can stop him. You can control his chains, to an extent. You look towards the Devil and notice he's finally getting tired. His large form is slightly slouched and his chains start moving at a slower rate. Lucio gives your shoulder a comforting pat and a knowing look. You know what you have to do, you approach the Devil and get your magic ready.
The Devil eventually notices your body creeping towards his as his head shoots up. He snarls at you and you can see his chains getting ready to pounce. "You truly are the fool" is all the creature says before sending his chains right at you. Using all of your magic and energy the chains slowly come to a halt. They rotate around and you can see the Devil giving off a horrified express right as the chains dart towards him. The chains wrap around his fearful and angry form as his body starts turning to stone. "THIS ISN'T THE END I WILL BE BAC-" the Devil tries heaving a warning but it is cut short due to his whole body finally being incased in the stone. You can feel the stress leave your body as your frame physically relaxes. You drop to your knees as your legs give out but right before you hit the ground you feel arms wrap around you waist. You peer upwards and see Lucio giving you a tearful smile. You lightly smile back, you want to give off a cheerful mood but your body is far too exhausted. Even if you are only slightly smaller than Lucio he still manages to lift your body and cradle you in his arms. The loving stare he gives you is enough to reduce you to tears. You can hear the others celebrating in the background but you can only focus on the man in front of you. Lucio wipes the tears from your eyes with one hand as the other is holding your body flush against his. You want to stay awake to celebrate but your eyes start fluttering. Lucio kisses your cheek and mumbles into your face "rest now love when you wake we will spend the day together." You nod in approval and yawn before the world goes dark.

LUCIOS POV. (1st person)

I watch as MC falls asleep in my arms and I can't help but smile lovingly at him. He's so brave, he did the one thing I could never do and that is beat the Devil. I look up at the others and notice they are all staring at MC with worried expressions. "Don't worry" I start "he's just sleeping." I can see the relief spread throughout the group. Asra reluctantly approaches me and gives MC an adoring look, I can't help but glare. He rolls his eyes at me and says "let's head back to the castle." I grumble some words under my breath and lift MC into a bridal position. I can't help but snicker knowing if he were awake he would definitely yell at me saying "I'm not a girl."
We finally reach the castle and I run past everyone and approach MC's room. I throw open the door and drop MC onto the bed. I wipe some non existent sweat off my forehead and mumble at the sleeping form "your so heavy." I take a moment to catch my breath before I start addressing to mine and MC's wounds.
After bandaging and attending to both our burn marks and other wounds, I plop down next to MC feeling slightly more energized. I think for a moment before suddenly remembering what I said right before MC passed out. "Rest now love when you wake we will spend the day together" I repeat my words from earlier and start brainstorming some ideas. When I finally think of something, I give a glance at MC who seems to be doing well before dashing through the never ending halls of the castle. 'He's going to love this' I think as I prepare the necessary items.

READERS POV. (2nd person)
TIME SKIP~

Your heavily eyelids slowly flutter open before you slam them shut once more. You give out a small hiss as the bright lights enter your vision. You slowly blink as you let your eyes adjust before carefully sitting up. You feel your body is wrapped in bandages and you can only assume that it was Lucio's doing. You look around and notice you're no longer on the battlefield but back in the castle. You tilt your head to the right and see Lucio laying down next to you fast asleep. You lean down and place a gentle kiss on his temple. His eyes fly open as he quickly sits up. His body rotates every which way before his eyes settle on you. He gives you a blinding smile before pulling you into the most powerful hug you've ever had the pleasure of experiencing. "I'm so glad your okay" he mumbles into the crook of your neck. You release yourself from his hold and place a loving kiss on his lips. He tenses before slowly returning the kiss.
You eventually unattached from each other and you decide to speak "I love you, also thank you for bringing me back." "Anytime and I love you too." You both just stare at each other before Lucio's whole demeanor seems to brighten. "I prepared something amazing for us love" he says while slightly shaking the bed due to how excited he his. He doesn't give you a chance to respond as he grabs your arm, covers your eyes, and starts leading you somewhere. You love how excited he seemed so you don't try stopping him. "As the man in the relationship I put something together I know you will love." You scoff and roll your eyes at his statement but don't bother correcting him. "Why can't you tell me where we're going?" You questions him as he picks up his pace. His footing doesn't even falter when he says "it's a surprise duh!"
Lucio finally seems to slow down as you both reach your surprise destination. "Okay so I tried my best for such a short notice but I know you'll love it" he states with his cocky attitude peaking through. "We will see about that" you say with an annoyed tone, even though you know you'll love whatever he has planned. Lucio removes his hand from your eyes and you quickly take in everything in front of you.
Right before your eyes is the ballroom but not just the normal ballroom, Lucio upgraded it with colorful lights and beautiful music. You feel like crying but manage to hold in your tears. You turn to Lucio about to speak but before you can Lucio interrupts you by holding out his hand and saying "may I have this dance." You give him a watery smile and give your hand to his. He pulls you flush against his chest and starts to sway you side to side to the soft beat of the melodic music.
You dance in silence before you decide to break it by saying "no one has does something like this for me before, so thank you." Lucio doesn't respond he just dips your body and pulls you back to his chest. He gives your cheek a quick kiss before this time spinning your body. You can't help but laugh at his antics and give him the biggest smile you can manage.
You spend the rest of the night dancing and laughing, overall having a blast with the one who stole your heart. You can definitely say this was worth the wait.

THANK YOU FOR READING AND REMEMBER IF YOU WANT TO REQUEST SOMETHING BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY CHAPTER ABOUT THE RULES OF MAKING A REQUEST. ❤️

Check out my Instagram @its.leahs.art