Garden~ Portia

A/n: Spoilers: In this AU the apprentice (MC) never looses their memories or dies to the plague.

READERS POV. (2nd person)

          You had a rough childhood, you never really got to do everything all the other normal children were able to do. You sadly missed out on a lot of the fun and adventure that came with being a child. The whole ordeal made you quite sad whenever you thought about it or when anyone spoke about it. One day your past was brought up in a conversation you and your girlfriend Portia were having. Right when the conversation was brought up she could tell something was bothering you. You could tell Portia decided not to push the subject but you planned on telling her anyways so why not then.
         After Portia heard you sad tale she vowed to help you do everything you couldn't do before. You knew she was devising a plan in her mind by the look on her face and the glint in her eye, which brings you to where you are right now. You are in the castle, waiting in your room for Portia to come and fetch you. She requested for you to stay hidden away in your room for a few hours. You were very confused but complied non the less. You trusted her with your life so you knew whatever she was planning wouldn't cause any harm and would most likely be quite entertaining.

PORTIAS POV. (1st person)
BACK TO WHEN THEY HAD TO CONVERSATION~

         Me and MC were chatting about random subjects while the occasional laughter rang through the air, when the subject of our pasts came up. MC basically knew everything about me but I realized I didn't know much of theirs. As soon as I brought the subject up all of the color from MC's face drained away. It pained me to see them in such a stressed state so I quickly changed the subject. MC looked lost in thought for a moment before they said "no, no let me tell you about my past." My eyes slightly went wide but I nodded silently telling them to continue.
        They told their story quite beautifully even if it was such a sad tale. They had slight tears in their eyes which brought small unshed tears to mine. I carefully wipe their tears away from their eyes and pulled them into a bone crushing hug. I felt horrible for them and what they went through. We hugged for a moment until I quickly pulled away as an idea struck me. MC gave me a weird look but I couldn't care less at the moment. I knew what I was going to do to cheer MC up. I spoke in a vibrant tone when saying "MC I'm going to help you do everything you couldn't do in your childhood." Their eyes went wide at my statement and more tears threatened to fall from their eyes but they managed to hold them in. They gave me a small smile and mumbled quietly "I would like that." I gave them a bright grin and stated "now head to your room and wait for me to fetch you." They hesitantly nodded while standing up and starting the walk towards their room. I hastily stood from the bench I was seated at and got to work.

READERS POV. (2nd person)

       The hours quickly flew by when Portia lightly knocked at your door. You made your way towards the closed door and quietly opened it. Portia wasted no time and skipped the greetings as she grabbed your hand and started dragging you down the halls of the castle. You didn't try stopping her as you let yourself be dragged away.
       You made it to the front of the door which leads to the outside of the castle when Portia finally turned around to look at you. She had a huge smile on her face when she spoke. "So I have something planned but I want it to be a surprise." She grabbed something from behind her back and you made it out to be a blindfold. "Can you put this on, I won't let you fall promise!" You saw how excited she was and decided that you can't say no to that face so even if you wanted to, so you placed the cloth around your eyes. The smooth fabric blocked all light and all objects from your vision. You felt Portia grab your arm and tug you towards what you assume to be whatever she set up. You couldn't lie when saying you were very, very excited to see what she has planned for you both.
         You get dragged for a few more minutes when you finally come to a stop. "Okay I'll take the blindfold off in 3 okay?" Portia questions sounding quite nervous. You whisper a "ok" giving her the confirmation to start the countdown. "1.....2......3!" She quickly takes the blindfold off and steps aside letting you see her work. After letting your eyes adjust to the lighting change you can see a picnic set up with many random lights littered around the area. Upon an even closer inspection you also see some gardening supplies laid carefully next to the picnic setup.
        You don't speak for awhile as your brain tries processing what's going on, this makes Portia very nervous as she starts rambling. "I know you never specifically told me what you wanted but I know as a child I loved picnics and gardening so I figured 'hey why not do both maybe MC will like it'. Oh but if you don't like it I'm sor-" You quickly cut her off by wrapping your arms around her and mumbling a "thank you" into her torso. She seems to tense for a moment before laughing and wrapping her arms around your tucked in frame.
        You both stand there for a moment in each other's embraces before Portia pulls away from you. She gives you her signature smile before yelling out "LETS GET STARTED!" You can't help but laugh at her antics and let yourself get pulled into a night of endless laughter and fun, all with the love of your life.

THANK YOU FOR 500+ READS OMG IS THAT CRAZY OR WHAT. Seriously it means a lot so from the bottom of my heart, thank you!

My Instagram also recently hit a milestone of 150+ followers so if you want you can check that out at @its.leahs.art