Alternative Universe~Apprentice

A/n: In this universe the devil is the good guy and you team up with him while the main 6 are the bad guys who want to combine the earth plus the magical realms. (All the characters that normal have magic still have magic)

WARNING: SLIGHT GORE THROUGHOUT THE WRITING!

           You and the devil have a long road ahead of you, your set to defeat the 6 evil wizards of the world. When you defeat them they just disappear but as long as they are gone it doesn't matter. They plan to merge all the magical realms with Earth. You were appointed by the other Major Arcana to stop them. This is a big task 2 of the 6 wizards having magical powers. You and the devil both have powers and little do you know now, but your powers slightly surpass the wizards.
           (This starts after the Devil and the MC got their task) You and the Devil have been searching high and low to find these wizards. They are rumored to all be separated besides the wizards Portia and Julian. Portia and Julian are the crazy non magical twins, even though they have no magical abilities they are still strong willed. Nadia is told to be hidden in a cave somewhere and Lucio is known to be hidden near the ports. Lucio and Nadia both have excellent swordsmanship. The only 2 with magical powers are Asra and Muriel. Asra is good with attack magic and Muriel is good with defensive magic. Muriel and Asra are known to be near each other as well. The stories say once you find one you find them all, whether it's because they come to the aid of each other or they are near each other no one knows. Many people have tried to stop the wizards and all have failed. You and the Devil are quite literally the last resort.
           You keep searching together until night fall when you decide to give it up for now. "We can take a break here" the Devil says. (it's so strange to type that, okay anyways) You hum in response, throw your supplies on the ground, and slide your back down a tree. "Finally I needed a break" you say with your eyes closed. Your both resting until you hear the bushes rustling, you and the Devil hop up on your feet. "Well, well, well, what do we have here" you hear someone say in a mocking tone. You swing your head in all directions looking for where the sound came from. You then see a fist flying at your from the side, luckily you see it in time to dodge it. "The wizards Julian and Portia, how lovely" you say while dodging more punches. You look slightly to your left to check on the Devil. This lets Julian land a punch on your gut. You some what crumple to the ground. Julian slams his elbow on your back and you let out a whisper yell. 'I need to use my magic' you think to yourself. Forming a magic ball of energy you slam it into Julian and he disappears. All fighting stops and Portia looks up at you and says "did you just kill my brother?" She gives you a deadly stare and runs her finger along her throat as if to say "your dead." Portia starts charging at you as you form another energy ball but right before you throw it she disappears right in front of your eyes. You look towards the Devil to see them panting and sweating slightly. "Theres two dead" they huff out with a slight smile. You smile back and go back against a tree.
          "We're not done yet" you hear someone say into your ear. You scream as someone drags magical claws down your back. Turning around you see the wizard Asra. The Devils eyes go wide as they yell your name. The Devil starts attacking Asra and you try to heal your back. "MC look out!" The devil yells. You see Asra running at you with magic at the ready. You form a shield and stop his first attack. His on slot of attacks is draining your energy fast. You think your shield will break until Asra just vanishes. Looking up you see the Devil holding a branch, your guessing they used to impale the wizard. Your ears are ringing and your starting to become dizzy from lack of energy but you know the fight isn't over. Your back is slightly cut open still but you've used too much energy to heal it. "Let me see your back" the Devil says with a soothing tone. You shift a bit so they can see your back. A cooling feeling covers your back and you know they are healing you. After the sensation stops you say "thank you." "Anytime" they say in return.
           Your dizziness subsides enough to fight the next wave of wizards. You and the Devil are resting on a tree trying to gain your energy back. You hear the bushes rumbling again 'here we go again' you think. You both stand waiting for the next attack when 2 swords come flying at you, you manage to stop them both in time before they stab you. Rising from the bushes is Lucio and Nadia both of the master swordsman. "Oh god" the Devil thinks aloud. Your about to attack when the Devil sends out his chains. They coil around the swordsman like snakes against mice. They look confused for a moment until they start screaming in agony. The screaming lasts for a while until they both disappear and the Devils chains retract. "Impressive" you mumble.
          You both don't even get a moments rest before the next wizard comes stomping out of the bushes. The huge 6'5 (I think) wizard named Muriel comes baring a swinging axe. You have your magic at the ready and start firing it at him. He blocks all of the attacks with his defense magic and his axe. Your eyes go wide as the giant of the man stalks towards you. "Your done" his voice rumbles in your ears right before he swings his axe, you manage to dodge it enough for it only to graze your leg. It still manages to draw blood and your legs buckle. You fall to the ground and start to crawl backwards. You turn towards to Devil to see him wrapped in his own chains 'how did that happen' you think and raise a brow at him. He manages to shrug slightly and give you a scared smile before he goes back to struggling against the chains. You look back up to the giant and you see him throw something at you, at first nothing happens until you start screaming due to feeling pain so unimaginable. Dark spots slowly invade your vision until they completely consume it. The last thing you hear is someone yelling, although it comes out as a fuzzy static.

DEVILS POV. (1st person)

         I sit in my own chains as I watch Muriel throw something at MC. I freeze in the spot until MC starts screaming in agony. "WHAT DID YOU DO" I yell at the giant as I struggle in the chains. Muriel starts laughing wickedly when MC passes out due to pain. 'I have to do something' I mumble to myself. Then an idea strikes me, I start whispering to my chains the reverse spell I learned awhile ago. The loosen up on me right as Muriel turns towards me and says "your next." I wait until the perfect moment for my chains to strike. The man walks right up to me and I let my chains go.

TIME SKIP (Reader POV)

          You slowly start to come to your senses. Your vision comes back and so does your hearing. You turn to your left and see the Devil resting on a tree stump, you then turn to the right to see your still in the forest where you fought the wizards. You turn back to see the Devil looking at you with a small smile placed upon their face. "Finally up I see" he mocks. "W-What h-happened" you stutter. The Devil explains the whole story to you and at the end you say "so we won.?" The Devil beams at you showing off their razor like teeth. "Well of course we did, we always win."

REMEMBER TO PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️