Better Together~ Asra

A/n: in this AU the MC never looses their memory and them and Asra are together. (You still see the Countess and such)

READERS POV. (2nd person)

        Alone, cold, and scared. These are the main emotions you're feeling right now. The Countess has invited you to the castle to search for a murderer. You would be fine with this if your boyfriend Asra came with you, you're both magicians so it wouldn't be a big deal. Now instead of being together, Asra was already away on a new adventure. He doesn't like taking you with him because he doesn't want you getting hurt. Sometimes you wish you could just scream at him and tell him that your not a child but you could never do that, you understood why he's so protective. A few years ago the plague swept over the land, you and Asra stayed holed up in the shop. Luckily you never got it but a friend of yours did, now whenever something happens Asra is very protecting. Back to the castle Asra claims he will join you later on, but that leaves you alone right now.
        You're not sure if it's the fact you're alone or the fact that you're in a new environment but you're not feeling all that well. Being in a dark room all alone isn't exactly your favorite pass time. Nadia was kinda enough to give you, your own room. You keep telling yourself nothing is wrong but even the air in this castle is strange and sends a shiver up your spine. 
        The window in the room is cracked open slighting letting the chilly wind enter the warm room. The moon reflects the glass letting some light enter the dark room but it's not enough for you. With very cautious motions you stand from your bed and head towards a lone cabinet in the room. You hope there are some candles in the drawer to brighten up the room some more. You can't stand the thought of trying to sleep in a dark and cold room.
         You eventually find a single candle and use your magic to light it. You quietly place the candle on the cabinet and cover yourself with blankets once more. The light helps your situation but doesn't stop the feeling of unease in the pit of your stomach. Your eyes scan the room looking for anything that can be causing this dread and find nothing. "Something is wrong" you mumble just as you feel something fly past you which causes the candle to blow out. You jump about a foot in the air and duck under the covers. You can feel yourself shaking as you start mumbling to yourself. You've never been so disappointed in yourself, you know you don't scare easy meaning something is truly wrong here. As you hide you think 'I wish Asra was here.' You smack your head to get rid of these thoughts, you can't be selfish like that. You know Asra loves his adventures you could never stop one just for him to comfort you.
         After a few moments you finally stick your head out from under the covers. You slowly scan the room only to find absolutely nothing. You're about to stand when you hear a knock at the door which startles you once again as your breathing becomes ragged. You shake in fear once more and ramble a few curse words directed at yourself for acting so weak. The knocking repeats itself and you swear the room is becoming colder. You think your going to have a panic attack until the person outside of the door speaks "MC?" You think for a moment before your face brightens with reconciliation. "Asra" you speak in a whisper praying that whatever is out there is truly Asra and not some ghost.
         The door creaks open and you jump back against the bed frame. Your heart is pounding in your chest so you head under the covers again. You know the blankets won't protect you but you can still hope. You hear the floor snap with every step the person takes until they finally reach you. You feel something sit down next to you as the bed adjusts to their frame. You slowly remove the blanket from your eyes and look up only to see Asra looking at you with a apologetic like expression. He doesn't speak and simply wraps his larger arms around your smaller body. You relax in his arms almost as if all the tension has left your body.
        You both stay in each other's arms for a while until Asra finally pulls away. You don't even have to ask before he starts explaining what he's doing here. "I was heading back from my adventure when I felt as if something was wrong" you nod telling him to continue. "I knew it was you which scared me even more because you never get scared, I decided to come here to be with you" he finished explaining and you can't help but smile. He smiles back at you and pushes your body backwards that way it's against the bedding. "Now you need sleep" he states while wrapping his arms around your waist as your eyes start closing. You didn't know what was wrong with this castle but that was tomorrow's mystery, for now you and Asra can fall asleep in each other's arms.

THANK YOU FOR READING 🥰

Check out my Instagram @its.leahs.art