A Farewell trip

'Dashing are we.' Jenny says over the phone as I enter the living room.

'Thank you, darling, but I think that none of this will look as it does now at the end of the night.' Today is the day of the big wedding and I had a hard time deciding what to wear. The biggest mistake would be to wear something white. So I decided to go with a navy blue one-shoulder jumpsuit that fits perfectly around my body and a pair of silver glitter heels. I got my hair done and they did an amazing job doing a light wavy hairstyle.

'What are you going to do today?' I ask Jenny as I try to decide which coat to bring with me.

'I'm having dinner with Louis' Oh, would you look at that.

'I'm not going to say anything' I put on the coat and sit on the couch, facing the phone now 'You look good together.' I say and give her an honest smile. They do, I saw the way they act around each other. Seeing someone get happy just by being next to the person that they have feelings for is what love should be about.

'How do you like Ireland?' I liked it from the minute I placed my foot on this ground. Although I haven't had the time to acknowledge all its beauty, it feels more like a home than New York.

'It's nothing I ever could have expected.' I look out of the window, which oversees the beautiful city. It's something about the people that feel differently. It feels like everyone here knows you but they love you for that. 'I like it more and more with each passing minute.'

'I like to see you happy.' I don't know about happy but I feel better.

'I'm out now, love you' I say and end the call. I'm happy knowing that she is with him, she deserves everything in this world.

Living in New York made every other traffic seem like a joke. I rented a car from the airport to drive around because I knew that I would want to get it all in by myself. Dublin looks breathtaking but right now I pull up to the resort and start working asap. I greet the groom and make the last checkups with him before I leave to look up the catering and the flower arrangements. We have to check all the lights because if some of them don't work oh boy I think the bride might kill some of us.

We did it all thankfully on time. I put on my microphone so that the communication flows easier.

'Eleanor where are the bridesmaids?' What does she mean by where are they?

'Does anyone know where they are?' I ask my coworkers.

'They are coming to you now El.' Oh, thank God! They need to go up there in 5 minutes.

'Thank you Anne' I say back and try to search for them with my eyes. I see them.. why are they running to me?

'My date is not here yet! 'One of them yells at me. Why does that always happen, Jesus!

'I'm here!!' Well, I so fucking hope that this is the one we are waiting for. I turn around and try to find him but then I see... you got to be fucking kidding me!

'Sorry I was with the groom.' He glances at me for a second but doesn't realize at first but then his eyes bounce back to me as his jaw drops slightly, letting me know that all of this is confusing for him as it is for me.

'Eleanor, what are you doing here?' I? What am I doing here? Um, maybe holding this wedding together. The other bridesmaids step away so that they leave us alone to talk.

'Um I planned this wedding, what are you doing here?' He looks at me once again but he can't hide his surprised expression from me.

'The groom is one of my cousins.' Why does that have to be the case, Jesus! Once in my life, I wasn't in charge of the sitting arrangement and something like this happens!