The other half of me

Some of the songs for this chapter: Duncan Laurence-Arcade, McKenna Breinholt-Save me, Justin Timberlake-Mirrors

'That man over there is sending you another one.' I look over my shoulder at the man sitting at the window. He is wearing a suit, looking as if he fell out of a meeting or something. His hair is dark, quite long for an usuall hairstyle. Even if his presence seems tempting I just nod and turn around before my eyes roll the fuck away. I can't deal with more assholes! My head feels heavy and my chest feels lighter. That's how I know I had enough. Just enough to forget about shit.

'Do you know if Chuck will be coming tonight?' The waiter seems annoyed with me but I really do not care at this point.

'Miss Evans came in today so they are having dinner.' I start laughing, still trying to balance myself on the barstool.

'You mean his mother?' He hates her so much, I highly doubt that he would just have a casual dinner with her.

'No Miss, his wife.' Oh, fucking hell! He got me cracking up here! He is hilarious, how did I not see it before? I support my head with my arm, focusing on not falling down any time soon. His eyes are so dark, I can't even see anything! Or maybe alcohol just took the best of me! The sleeves of his shirt are rolled up, revealing the tattoos on his arms, making me kind of uncomfortable.

'I knew I liked you, Henny.' I take my coat and try standing up without falling right back down. Either way, I find my balance and just focus on his tattoos, they keep me grounded.

'It's Henry.' Oh baby, so funny!

'I like Henny better.' I wink at him as I chug down the final drink of the day. I'm quite flirty when my body hits a certain amount of liquor that definitely should not be hit! I can see that smile he tried to hide so desperately, he is cute actually! I manage to open this big ass doors and the real challenge now is to find the right way out. I walk to the first doors that I spot but before I manage to open them someone does it for me.

'Why did you come back?' I can hear the fear in his voice but right now I don't see why I would not be supposed to come here, and that's when I realised that Henny wasn't kidding. A tall, redhead stands right behind Chuck, still holding his hand as if I would take him from her. You just keep him bitch, if he were good to me I wouldn't have broken up with him!

'I came to have a drink with an old friend.' I knew that he wasn't in love with me, I knew that we were over for two years now, but after everything that he put me through I never thought he would find someone to love him.

'Eleanor Beatrice Flyn!' What the-. Jenny comes running towards me, oh God she found out! Her eyes travel to Chuck and the girl next to him, supposedly his beloved wife! I think I might get dizzy from the speed of her eyes travelling from each one of us. Even if I feel absolutely fucking awful, it's the alcohol in me that wants to fuck everyone and smile away.

'Grace go inside.' Chuck instructs her before closing the doors and standing next to me. What for a name is that? Grace, like okay! I find it hard focusing on more than one person right now but that soon fades away as Jenny's voice hits that high, angry, pissed off pitch that makes me fear what's about to come.

'I'm not even starting on this.' Her hand moves to Chuck but then back to me. Looking at him only makes me angry with the thought that once again, people screw with me even if I don't care, it just keeps on running me over and over again!

'What are you doing with my father?' I face her as the thought of Chuck kissing me a couple of days ago leaves my mind completely. She must be kidding me! At this point, I can't even hold it back anymore. I smile at her but try to hide it. She seems pissed, well welcome sister, I know how that feels like!