-vais-je trouver l'amour?

Spencer's POV:

I woke up to the sound of the plane landing in Paris and my mother yanking my cardigan. She looked so happy as she pointed to the Eiffel Tower from the plane window. My mom and I were so excited to finally get to see the city after a long flight. I am surprised I haven't thought about the team, since our trip started. Back into reality, we stepped outside the airport and you can already feel the city of love feels. Here's a fun fact Paris was originally a Roman City called "Lutetia." I called a cab and our now our journey begins!

Looking through the windows of the yellow car, I imagined myself with my significant other running around the city and having a picnic right by the Eiffel Tower. Maybe I do get to find her during this trip. Maybe. Arriving at the hotel, Diana and I were mesmerized by the beautiful architecture that was laid out. Tall walls filled with portraits of cupids holding arrows and blowing heart-filled kisses broadcasted throughout the hotel from the front all the way to as far as my eyes can see. Heading to the lobby, I set our suitcases on the floor and approached the receptionist. "Bonjour,  je m'appelle Spencer Reid et j'ai une réservation aujourd'hui pour deux." (" Hello, my name is Spencer Reid and I have a reservation today for two.") I said as I greeted the women at the front desk. She nodded and began typing as quick as Garcia, oh how I miss her. Giving me a smile, she handed me the key card, and pointed to the elevator. I said "Merci" as I turned around and found my mom. I found her gazing at the wall, mentally taking notes on how to decorate her room back in Vegas.

I laid my hands on her shoulder and I startled her, a little laugh left my mouth as she jumped off her feet. My eyes widened as I looked at my watch at the back of my wrist, it was 9:00pm. It was time for us to settle in and get some rest before we start the day tomorrow bright and early. Sliding the key card into the door, I could hear mother yawning obnoxiously. She didn't even bother looking around, she just fell on the bed and passed out. I took off her little beret and tucked her in, laying a kiss on her forehead. I spotted the balcony, and slid open the door to get some air. As I opened the door, the lights on the Eiffel Tower started to shine, oh what a sight. 

I called the caretaker to come over and watch my mom as I decided to hit the city, maybe find a bookstore or coffee place. Opening the door to the caretaker's knocks, I greeted her and said, "Merci beaucoup, je ne serai pas longtemps, je sors juste pour visiter la ville. Si quelque chose arrive avec ma mère, appelle-moi." ("Thank you very much, I won't be long, I am just going out to check the city. If anything happens with my mom, just call me.") and now I am on my way to discover a city that I am a stranger to. 

Walking out of the doors of the hotel, I turned left and never stopped walking. The lights that shined across the streets was a view I wish my  mother could see. Shocked by all the little things that made me tingle on the inside, I was interrupted by my phone ringing, it was Emily. I didn't want to pick up, but it just kept ringing loudly. Ughh I will never like technology. 

Spencer: Hi, Emily! Remember I told you I am taking a break for awhile. 

Emily:  Hey, I know Reid, but I need your insight about this case. The unsub has killed 6 people so far, he has no particular gender preference, but he does kill in the day with a hunting rifle, but at night he stabs new victims straight through the heart. The victims at night are killed in their own homes. The team has come up with an idea that he might have a sleeping disorder; he is awake in the day and during the night he is sleepwalking. 

Spencer: Okay, let Garcia check medical records for a person suffering with OCD, abuse, or maybe even a personality disorder.  These could all trigger a sleepwalking phase in someone. And for the houses have you found anything that could connect them to each other, maybe something happened to the unsub in one of these houses?

Emily: No, we haven't, but I will let Garcia check the medical records. And for the houses, we will try to find something that could help us find the unsub quicker. Thank you, Reid! And hey, be careful, we love you and miss you. Come back when you are ready.

Spencer: You are welcome. I miss and love you, too. And tell the team that I miss them.

Emily: Bye

Maybe I do miss the chase more than I think, but my mother needs me. I exhaled and a loud sigh came out of my mouth and I found myself inside a coffee house, I guess I do need caffeine. Fun fact: Coffee was discovered by a goat herder, that found out that his goats ate something from a bush that made them hyper. Waiting in line in the coffee place, I decided to order my go to, which is black coffee with creamer and 5 spoons of sugar. After I asked for my order, the barista laughed when I asked for 5 cuillères de sucre ( 5 spoons of sugar). Hey, I get less sleep than you think.  Being a stranger to this city I asked the barista "Où est la librairie la plus proche?"                 ( "Where is the nearest bookstore?"), she replied with " Sortez du café et prenez à gauche, il y aura une petite librairie juste à côté d'un bâtiment indépendant." (" Head out of the coffee house and take a left, there will be a little bookstore right next to a freelance building.") as she handed me my coffee. 

Something about books always fascinated me. Maybe its because I have nothing better to do or that I can read 20,000 words in a minute; I will never know. I followed the barista's directions and made it to the bookstore, that seemed to be empty. There were books lined up against each wall with a ladder by it on wheels. The smell of the store made me remember my days back at the academy. I looked at the back of the store and I found a beautiful women with black, straight hair, and long bangs. Her appearance looked like a mess, maybe she was in a rush this morning. Sorry this is the little profiler in me. She sat on a bean bag chair with her legs crossed with a book  in her hand. Squinting  my eyes I realized that I have the same book with me now, I took my hand into my raincoat and found the book " Les Fleurs du Mal". Maybe this is my future wife? Maybe this is a sign for me to go talk to her.  Should I? 

A/N: Hey, thank you for reading!! I wonder what Spencer will do. Any guesses or suggestions you guys can put in the comment section. Bye<3