-innocence

The couple have been sleeping longer than they thought they will be. Adelie was still in Spencer's arms as she started to wake up from her dose. Spencer was still calmly sleeping. His hair was all over the place, in directions Adelie has never seen before. It was cute.

Apparently he scrunches his nose in his sleep too, an odd habit he also does when he is conscious. Adelie laughed quietly as she laid her head back on his chest. The smooth beats of his heart comforts her more than she thought it would. She loves the fact that she got to sleep to his heart rhythm and wake up to it as well. 

Still in his deep sleep Spencer tightens his grip on Adelie's waist, pulling her closer to him. While staring at the white tile floor, Adelie thought if she actually loved the man that was right next to her.  He was the one she wanted to spend her whole life with, but she was scared to confess her feelings for him, first, they just met, second, it was hard for her to let people in after her parents "died". 

Adelie didn't have much friends, hell even support when she went through withdrawal. Her Uncle Bernard was the only person who believed in her to continue to get better. She wonders if her parents will be disappointed in her if she told them she was highly addicted to drugs and alcohol.   Adelie never found the gut to even tell her parents she woke up from her coma.

Doctors have come in and out checking her vitals and blood pressure, telling her she was recovering well. Addie has refused for the doctors to call her parents to give them the news. She told them that she will try to do it on her own. 

Adelie took Spence's hand that was wrapped around her hip and intertwined her fingers in them. She felt an urge to squeeze his hand to wake him up so she did a random pattern.

Squeeze...Squeeze...Hold...Squeeze...Squeeze.

She looked up to get to Spencer's eye level and she could see his lips turn to his corners into a big smile. He opened his eyes, and Adelie could see his hazel eyes dilate as he took his other hand rubbing his eyes for a proper wake. 

"You remembered" Spencer groaned holding his hands tighter with Adelie's.

"Remember? Remember what?" Adelie scoffed, giving him an eye of confusion.

"I used to squeeze your hands in the same pattern you just gave me, while you were in a coma. I did it every night hoping you would squeeze back."

"Seriously! I don't remember  such thing." Adelie said in a sarcastic voice, clearly lying. 

Right in that moment Spencer wanted to tell her those three words. Those three words he wanted to slip out of his mouth so badly. 

Adelie at the same time sighed, hoping she could gain the courage to tell him the same exact words. I Love You.

Both of their stomachs growling broke the silence in the room, leaving them laughing their butts off for no absolute reason. 

"I guess we're both hungry!" they said in unison, leaving them to laugh even more. 

"Hmm, I was in the mood for a good juicy burger for breakfast. Maybe even with a side of fries and ketchup. Oh! Wait! And a big Coca-Cola!" Adelie exclaimed, her eyes opening wide with excitement, quickly turning her cheeks red as Spencer looks her deep in the eye with a little smirk.

"Why are you looking at me like that? You do not know how hungry I am. I haven't had a proper meal since what 3 weeks ago. Please just let me have my little moment."

"Hey, I am not here to ruin your moment. I will make sure to order 3 burgers, just incase you're going to steal mine." Spence confessed lifting his hands by his temples, in surrender.