-pinky promise

Today was the day that Adelie dreaded to come, the day they discharged her from the hospital

Today was the day that Adelie dreaded to come, the day they discharged her from the hospital. All she wanted to do was stay in the hospital and not have to face reality. She couldn't go to sleep because she was worried all night of what she will have to do. 

She started to bite her bottom lip hard, a bad habit of hers she does when she gets nervous. Absent mindedly her fingers started rubbing into each other harshly, leaving bruises on the back of her hands. She hated that she could never escape her anxiety. It seemed to get stronger after her kidnapping. Adelie finds herself scratching the almost faded track marks on her inner elbows, craving drugs to be traveled through her veins. 

She wanted to escape the feeling she was reliving. Spencer woke up in the right moment, and looked at Adelie. Her hair is mess, her bottom lip is bleeding from the biting, and her hands are are turning purple from all the pressure put on it. 

He quickly took her hands into his to stop her fidgeting. "Adelie" he said quietly, lifting her chin so she could look at him. "What's going on, baby?"

"I don't want to go home, I can't go home. I can't imagine what I would do if I looked at my apartment again. I'll just relive the worst days of my life."

"Ahh, Adelie don't worry. I will never leave your side. Maybe a little change of environment will help, y'know. You can see the world outside of these grey bland walls."

"Will you be there with me?" Adelie questioned, blinking hard hoping no tears will come out.

"I will always be there."

"Promise?" Adelie asked, sticking out her right pinky finger.

"I promise, mi amore." Spencer said back, intertwining his pinky finger with Adelie's. He kissed his thumb to increase the intimacy between them and Adelie repeated the same actions. 

"Oh, I just remembered. Hotch dropped off a list of precautions for you to take after we leave. I know it is stupid, but it basically says that you would have to change your phone number and get a new apartment, just incase something else happens. We don't have to go back to your apartment now, maybe you can stay with me at the hotel. Not in the same room with my mom, obviously, that would be too awkward. What ever you want, we can do."

"okay, okay...maybe it won't be too bad to get out of here. I would love to go back with  you to you hotel. " Adelie leaned in closer to give Spence a little peck on his button nose.

Spencer took her into his arms again, an action he never wanted to stop doing. Then the doctor walked in with a clipboard filled with discharge papers. 

As Adelie grabbed the papers from the doctor, Spencer's phone started to ring. Adelie couldn't help but look at the caller ID. Serena. Who is Serena? She quickly took her eyes off of the phone and Spencer excused himself from the room. 

"okay, I need you to sign here...and here." the doctor announced pointing at empty lines on the paper for Adelie to sign. 

Adelie nodded and did what she was told.