-qui est-ce?

Adelie's POV:

The fashion show was all I could think about, as the days grew closer to Friday. My boss is not the best, just get on her good side and you may be appreciated by her. Her yelling out orders to everyone makes me want to yank my hair out. I got into work late this morning, so we know that she will be blowing fumes from her head. I made it to her office and found her laying her head down, as if she was sleeping. I didn't want to wake her, but it is Fashion Week and WE ARE BEHIND. Tapping her on her shoulder, she jumped and a big sign of relief exited her mouth as she realized it was only me.

Boss: Adelie what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at your desk organizing papers for the show.

Adelie: All do respect, ma'am, we are actually behind in all the preparation for  the show because 2 brands decided to back out and will not do the show with us.

Boss: When did this happen and why didn't you tell me? I hate how you are never  on top of things, YOU ARE SO DISORGANIZED!

Adelie: Ma'am, word just came in about it, and I am just upset as you are. I am the one handling the models, brands, and the measurements. 

Boss:  Get out of my office and find something better to do, and before you leave today, I expect a report of what you have done. 

I exit her office stumping my feet like a little baby. She could never win employee of the month or receive any good feedback on shows because of that attitude. I angrily planted myself on my chair and went to work.  Preparing for shows does sound fun, until you are the one planning it. There are so many tasks you have to do such as call modeling agencies, take measurements, find clothes for models to wear, pick a venue, invite people to come watch, and etc. At last, the hour hand has hit twelve, and I heard the bell ring for lunch. I got off my chair and waited for my friend Cecile to come down from her floor, so we could have lunch together. 

Cecile and I have been friends since as long as I can remember. Growing up and doing everything together, she has been the closest thing to family since both of my parents died. We both had an interest for fashion, since we were young; we used to dress each other up with our moms' dresses and makeup. Let's just say I was better at fashion than she was.  We went to secondary school together and from there we both studied fashion at the same university. I love her so much.

She finally came down and we went to the cafeteria to grab some food. All the stress we both have because of this show makes us eat our feelings away, while we escape our hopeless bosses. I ordered a falafel sandwich with a side of fries and Cecile ordered a hamburger. How basic, but good hehe. Our lunch is an hour long, so we got our food and walked to the Eiffel Tower to have a picnic by the sight. Luckily, the tower is walking distance from our work, so we get to do this everyday. As I looked to my watch, a frown fell on my face as it was almost time to get back to work. I muttered, "non, nous devons y aller." ("no, dammit we have to go") During lunch, we talked about our bosses, family, boy drama, reading, and the fashion show. 

Back at the office, nothing special happened, we all just got back to work. I eventually, finished some of the stuff needed for the event. A couple hours later- before leaving for the day, I went to Madam Chamberlain, my boss, for our usual report. Sweat started dripping off my face, as I grew nervous walking to her office because of how she yelled at me this morning. I wish she would appreciate what I do for her and the team. Knocking at the glass door surrounding her office, she raised her index finger and curled it, giving me a cue to enter. I typed the review and gave it to her along with transcripts and statements of the venue and the new brands I found to use for the matter on Friday. Chamberlain glanced at the papers and a small smile appeared on her face. This is a view that I never thought I would see. Not going to lie I felt disgusted as I saw that smile. But this means she at least liked and approved something I did. She looked at me and said, " Merci Adelie et c'est un excellent travail." (Thank you Adelie, this is great work"). I gave her a quick smile and skipped along the hallways of my floor, showing off my excitement. I have succeeded in making my boss somewhat like me. I grab my bag and rush to the elevator to take myself home after a stressful day.

Stepping off the metro I have made it to my side of town. It was still 5 o'clock, so the night is still young. I geared my keys into my apartment door and felt a wind of cinnamon and spice go up to my nostrils. The smell of autumn doesn't get old. I slipped my heals off and took off my jacket. I now am in a mood to take a long hot bath. Opening the water in the tub, setting it to the right temperature, I went to the other room to grab a lighter and my mahogany candle. Slipping into the warm bath, I put in some bubbles and set my phone on the edge of the tub, leaving it play French classical music. Ahh, peace. It was so peaceful, I put a miniature towel behind my neck as I  fell asleep to the sounds of  Claude Debussy.  

I woke up to the horrific sounds of my phone ringing, it was Madam Chamberlain. There was no way I was going to answer it, after she ruined my evening mood. I wrapped a towel around my figure and drained the tub. Staring at myself in the mirror, I can tell that the stress has planted into my skin. Breaking out and eye bags are not a good look for me. I wash my face, put on some moisturizer, and a little bit of lip balm on my luxurious lips. Taking a look at the time, I decide to go to my Uncle Bernard's bookstore to see if he's alright. My uncle has a love for books and has been collecting for over a decade. His little store reminds me of when   ma mère et mon père (my mom and dad) used to take me to grandpa's house, so we could just lay around the fire and listen to him tell us stories about his past.

Taking the same route as this morning, I make it to Uncle Bernard's store and spot him. I give a quick kiss on the cheek and a tight hug. It is only him and I left in the immediate family and all we have is each other. I try my best to check on him as much as I can, as you can see I have a really busy schedule. After catching up for a little, I sit down on a bean bag chair that has been there since I was 10, and enjoy one of my favorite reads "Les Fleurs Du Mal". I am interrupted by a young handsome man, maybe American, but that's not the point. He points at my book and sticks out the same book, showing our familiar interest. He has unusual fluffy brown hair and warm brown eyes, but I can sense comfort in them. He smiles and starts talking, but I cannot seem to focus because of how I am mesmerized by his appearance. Who is this guy? 

A/N: Hi, thank you for reading. I am really having fun writing this story. If you have any suggestions or comments please leave them down below. Bye!!