-is this the end?

Adelie's stares into her mother's eyes not knowing what to think. She has been living a lie for almost her whole life. Why were her parents kidnapped? What did they do?

What did they do?

Her father starts opening his eyes. He looks around the abandoned warehouse, and finally makes eye contact with Adelie. He screams "Adelie, baby. I am so sorry you had to find out this way" as he tries to shake the ropes off his hands. 

A tall man with his hair slicked back comes down from the second floor holding a cane. This cane is matte black and has a gold handle. The guy seems to know who Adelie is, but she doesn't recognize him. 

He approaches Adelie and bends down to her eye level. 

"You don't recognize me, Adelie Barnet. I am Gabriel Laurent, a good friend of your daddy's. You've grown to be such a pretty young lady." he says viciously holding up Adelie's face.

"Do not touch me! Get away. Get me out of here!" she replies back not leaving the eye contact that was taken place. 

"Oh, don't worry. I bet SSA Dr. Spencer Reid will come find you. Wouldn't he? Or maybe his team of FBI agents? I don't know. We will just have to figure that out." Laurent says confidently.

"Spencer stays out of this! You here me! Out of this! He doesn't deserve this." Tears start to fall off Adelie's eyes and she wipes them away with what is left of her sweater. 

Adelie's weight was being dragged backwards into an empty room. The lights are dim and there is a bright spotlight hanging from the ceiling in the middle of the room. As the door was being shut, you can her Adelie's parents screaming on top of their lungs. 

A man from behind her starts gripping her hair and smelling it. The same man that gashed the side of her leg with the switchblade. He walks around in circles around Adelie, while opening and closing the switchblade. He finally says, "What should  I do with you? " as he got closer to Adelie's body. 

He takes the switchblade and waves it along Adelie's chest. Adelie's jaw starts to clench harder, the more he waves the blade near her. The sound of her sweater ripping filled the tiny room. Her bra and her collarbone are exposed. You can see her heart beating out of her chest. A loud gasp leaves Adelie's mouth, when the blade cuts deep into the skin above her collarbone. Loud chuckles leave the guy's mouth.

---

Hotch's phone rings and it is Penelope. 

"Yes, Garcia. Did you find anything?" Hotch answers.

"S-Sir, is the whole team with you? If they are put me on speaker."

Hotch calls in the team and they follow into the conference room in a line.

"Okay, Garcia. They are all here."

"Sir, Sir... I do not think Adelie's parents are dead."

Loud exhales are being traveled around the room. Each team members' eyes land on Spencer, to see his reaction. Spencer doesn't lift his head up, instead he keeps staring at the wooden roundtable.

 Spencer doesn't lift his head up, instead he keeps staring at the wooden roundtable

"Continue, please Garcia."

"Yes, yes of course. So, after the "so-called" accident. Her parents' bodies were too damaged for an actual ID to be made. The mother was sent to the coroner, and here it shows she suffered from a brain bleed as her head was smashed in. I am so sorry. And her father, sir, um he drowned in the lake, and they never found his body."

"So, how do you know that they are not dead, baby girl." Morgan says as he leans into the table towards the phone.

"Hey, I am about to get there. Just listen. Yesterday, someone opened back the bank account under Adelie's father's name, Luke Barnet. Who ever did that, withdrew a large amount of money, to be precise $300K. Later the bank, contacted "Luke" and he approved the withdrawal. Banks are really careful with these big money transfers, so I think they are still alive.But I don't know I am just a tech. analyst."

"Okay, thank you Garcia. We will look into it. Please still check on any history between Luke and Gabriel Lourent."

"You got it, sir. PG out."

---

Adelie is still staring at the guy dead in his eyes, her chest still exposed. The crisp cool air stings the cut on her collarbone. 

"Bring in Gabriel Laurent, what ever his name is. I want to talk to him" Adelie orders.

Her order is convincing, that the man leaves the room and yells, "Yo, Boss, she is ready for you."

The taps of the cane hitting the floor makes Adelie sit up straight in the chair, while she is still being tied down. Gabriel closes the door behind him after he enters. He stares down at her chest and laughs like he enjoys it.

"So, how do you know about Spencer? He is not even from here. How do you know about our relationship?" Adelie questions him thinking he won't be able to answer. Wrong.

"Oh Adelie, you dumb girl. I hold a lot of power in this country, even after the misfortunate events that happened to me. The second Spencer arrived here in France with his mom, I got notified. You don't think I won't know when a fed lands in my country. I had my people follow him around, and he led me to you. That wasn't so hard, right?"

"Leave Diana out of this. Don't hurt her, hurt me." Adelie demands.

"Believe me I don't want anything to do with her. She is still in her hotel room with the caregiver." Gabriel says as he opens his phone showing Adelie the live camera footage from the hotel room.

"You son of a bitch, how could you?"

Then the whole room starts to spin and turn black.

---

The laptop left on the roundtable flashes open as Garcia's face turns up. The team sits down around the roundtable in sync. 

Garcia starts to hyperventilate, the fluffy pen in her hand starts to shake faster by the second. 

"What is wrong, Garcia? What did you find?" Emily declares folding her arms around her chest.

"A dead body was found in an alley, near where you guys are. Sadly, the description fits Adelie's to the T. Spencer listen to m-"

Spencer knocks down the office chairs on his way out of the room

Spencer knocks down the office chairs on his way out of the room. He grabs the keys to the SUV and turns on the car. A few seconds later, a message was sent to him with the address for the alley. He grips the steering wheel, so hard that his knuckles turn white. 

I hope it is not Adelie.

It better not be Adelie.

A/N: AHH!! Thank you reading. I can't wait for the next couple of chapters.