- what happened?

Since today was Thursday, Adelie made the decision to take the day off. It was probably a bad idea, since the show is tomorrow, but she needed a break and everything was already prepared. Madam Chamberlain wouldn't approve this decision, but she is that lousy boss who only determines on her workers to do everything. The only thing Chamberlain accomplishes is smoking five cigarettes a day.  Addie went to her phone to text Spence:

Adelie: Bonjour petit ami.(Hello, boyfriend) I am taking time off from work today, so do you want to do something today. I can take you and your mom around the city, if you would like?

4 hours later, Spencer still has not answered the phone. Adelie, started to grow worried as she paced back in forth around in her apartment. She started questioning herself, "Should I call him?... Maybe he is just away from his phone... What if he is in trouble?... Should I be feeling this way?...I just met this man and I am scared that he is hurt...Dang it ...I am going to call him" she said as she dropped her head in between her legs to calm herself down. She dialed his number and put the phone up to her ear, and she sighed loudly when she heard, "Hi, You have reached SSA Dr. Spencer Reid  with the BAU, I cannot take your call right now, but I would like to return it as soon as I can. So, please leave a detailed message after the tone."  Adelie fell on her bed and felt her body freeze as she kept imagining the impossible, either he doesn't want anything to do with her or he is hurt. 

She made an impulsive and reckless decision to go to his hotel. She put on a sweatshirt, leggings, and her sneakers and ran out the door. She felt weak as her legs started losing feeling as she walked to the metro. 

--

Adelie started knocking unpleasantly on the hotel room door, hoping he just had a long night and was still sleeping. Spencer peeked through the peep hole and said loudly, "Adelie, go home! I do not want to see anybody right now." Addie on the other side of the door couldn't believe what she was hearing. "Spencer, I am not going home. I know something is wrong and I want to help. Open the door!" Adelie yelled back at him through the door. They kept screaming back and forth through the door, until Spencer finally gave up and opened the door.

He was still wearing his pajamas, his hair wasn't brushed, and the room was a mess. The lamps, curtains, and television were broken. Adelie's jaw dropped as she looked at the mess that scattered the room. She looked up at Spencer and saw his eyes starting to tear up. No words came out of Spencer's mouth as he was still holding the door open,  staring into the blank space. Suddenly, he fell to his knees and started crying. Before he fell to the floor, Adelie caught him and spread her arms around his body to comfort him. 

"What happened here Spencer? Where is your mom?" Adelie said quietly, while still holding on to him tightly

"What happened here Spencer? Where is your mom?" Adelie said quietly, while still holding on to him tightly. Spencer avoiding eye contact muttered, " My mother had one of her episodes this morning when we were getting ready to go to The Palace of Versailles. She started getting really aggressive and throwing all the lamps on the floor. Adelie, I tried calming her down and giving her medicine, but it star-started getting worse. She has been in the bathroom ever since." he said while digging his face into Adelie's chest. "Hey, I am going to go check on her, okay?" Adelie said as she got up from the floor and kissed Spence on the forehead.

"Hey, Ms. Reid, it is me Adelie. We met yesterday at the café during lunch. I just wanted to check up on you. Spencer is with me right now, if you want to see him." Addie said as she opened the door. Diana was sitting on the counter doing some self-care and what seems like getting ready to leave. 

Diana: Oh, hi Adelie. I was just getting ready to leave with Spencer to go to the famous palace with the big garden. 

Adelie: How fun! The palace is so big and beautiful. I bet, you will like it.

Diana: Excuse me, Adelie I have to go get my clothes from the suitcase. *she exits the bathroom* Oh, dear god what is this mess! What did you do Spencer?

"Oh my god, she doesn't remember" Adelie said to herself while hyperventilating. 

Spencer: Nothing happened mother. Adelie and I just got carried away while we were pillow fighting. I actually called the caretaker and she will be taking you to The Palace of Versailles, I have to go to the pharmacy to buy you more medicine. 

"Will Adelie come with us" Diana asked while making eye contact with Adelie. Spencer replied, "Yes, she i-", but got interuptted by Adelie saying "No, I will actually stay here and help Spencer clean up a little. I hope you have fun Diana!" 

--

The caretaker just picked up Diana and were on their way to the kingdom. Spencer kept looking at Adelie with his puppy dog eyes, wondering if she hadn't come what would have happen. The lovers started cleaning and tidying up the hotel room, making sure to put the "Do Not Distrub" sign on the outside of the door to keep housekeeping from seeing the mess.

Staring across from each other, Adelie knew Spencer wanted to say something. He was hesitant and kept saying nothing was bothering him. Eventually, he took Adelie by her hand and they both sat on the edge of the bed, holding hands. "Thank you for coming. I am so sorry I yelled at you, I just didn't know what to do." Spence said as he took Adelie into his arms to comfort her. Adelie straightened her neck out to get to his eye level and announced, " No problem, I am your girlfriend, I am supposed to be here for you."

It was the first time Adelie said that word out loud, still in disbelief that it was actually true. She is Spencer's girlfriend.  

The couple fell asleep in each others arms, increasing the love between them. Whatever their souls are made of, Adelie and Spencer's are the same.

A/N: I cried a little while writing this part of the story. I hope you enjoyed. And thank you for 100 reads!!