Chapter 15: Bring Me With You

By the time Y/N got to the main deck, Zuko, Iroh, and a couple of soldiers were already there. A young woman with straight black hair stood next to a large shirshu, a man dressed in Earth Kingdom clothing slung over her shoulder.

          "Incredible." Y/N marveled, watching the beast closely as she moved forward. "I don't know what's going on, but mind if I come closer?"

          "Who's this?" The woman asked. "My name's June, and sure, if you're okay with the possibility of her not liking you, and getting paralyzed for several hours." 

          "I'll take those chances." Y/N immediately moved forwards, reaching out her hand to let the creature smell it.

          "Y/N, be careful." Zuko warned. 

          "It's not like there's somewhere I need to be." Y/N shot back, tentatively reaching out and stroking the shirshu's snout. It didn't move for a bit, then twitched it's nose, tilting it's head a little.

          "She seemed a little unsure at first. She likes your smell, though. Jasmine tea? Swim in the ocean a lot?" June asked as Y/N chuckled, the shirshu bumping its snout on her stomach. This woman was clearly just a bounty hunter, so Y/N didn't mind sharing.

          "Jasmine is my favorite." She explained. "And I'm a waterbender. What a magnificent creature..." she looked it up and down, watching as its tongue slithered out for a split second, the poisonous barbs showing.

          "Y/N, come back here." Zuko commanded, and she rolled her eyes. "How did you know the stowaway was on the ship?" He asked June, warily watching the shirshu.

          "She smelled 'im." She said simply, mounting the animal with her bounty and urging it forward, quickly disappearing into the trees, moving inland. 

          "What were you thinking? You could've been paralyzed." Zuko scolded as Y/N walked over, avoiding the urge hole in the ship. 

          "Well, then you'd get a break from me for a few hours. Wouldn't that be nice?" She laughed, looking at Iroh, who chuckled as well.

          "Argh! She'll pay for that huge hole in my ship!" Zuko yelled, stomping around. Y/N stepped towards the edge, looking down at the hallway below. 

          "Yeah, that's a bit of a problem."

                             —|〰️〰️〰️|—

          It had been hours since Zuko had left with Iroh, claiming he was going to get reimbursed for the damage. Y/N got bored of waiting for them pretty quickly, and played some Pai Sho with some other crewmembers she hadn't officially met yet.

          "M'lady, May I offer you a few pointers?" Y/N turned from her game to see Zaji standing there, looking amused at her attempts to block her competitor. 

          "Hey! No cheating!" Amo, one of Zaji's buddies, and Y/N's opponent, interrupted, waving his arms. "You can't tell her what to do! I want to win!" 

          "Wow. You don't think I'm capable of winning by myself?" Y/N crossed her arms, looking at the two boys. "Thanks a lot. That's embarrassing." Amo scratched the back of his head with a nervous laugh. He had longer and straighter hair than Zaji, a little messed up from recently wearing his helmet, and he was shorter.

          "Well, we have been playing for over five years, what's more embarrassing is that I still can't beat Zaji, even though I've played longer than him. He's just good at planning, and making good moves on the enemy. Someday he's going to be an admiral, and lead hundreds of warships." He looked up at his friend with a smile, making his next move on the board.