Chapter 38: Change

"This is it. This is the lake." Y/N stood on the shore, scanning the water. "Toph. What do you see?" Toph paused for a few moments.

          "An entrance." She walked a bit farther to the left, and stomped on the ground, the earth rumbling as a walkway and hatch rose from the water. "This is our way in. Come on, hurry up. Someone is coming."

          Y/N ran to the hatch, hoisting it open and gesturing for everyone to get in. Their group consisted of the Gaang, plus Jet, Smellerbee, and Longshot. Y/N still didn't know how to feel about the short tempered girl, Smellerbee just kept snapping at her for no reason.

                            —|➖◾️➖|—

         "I don't like this. Jet, are there any rooms big enough for Appa to be held in?" Y/N stepped lightly down the dark corridors, eerie green light being the only thing illuminating their path. Jet swallowed nervously.

          "There are several possibilities, but here's one." He turned to a door on their left, silently pushing it open and peeking inside, Y/N beside him. The room seemed empty, but it was much bigger than what they could see from the doorway.

          The group made their way inside, looking around. It was completely empty. Too empty.

          Y/N wasn't even surprised when Dai Li slid down the walls from the ceiling, all stopping about halfway down to surround the group like weird spiders. She sighed, taking a defensive stance and looking around at the dozens of guards.

          "Think they'd let us leave if we asked politely?" She asked sarcastically to fill the tense silence. Long Feng, the leader, only smiled.

          "Unfortunately, I am afraid that was never an option." He sighed. "You've worn out your welcome."

          The Dai Li moved all at once, shooting strange rock hands at the group. Many dodged, but Y/N didn't react in time, getting pinned to the floor in seconds. 

          "Y/N!" Katara yelled, running forward, but got taken out in the process.

          "Chill, and focus on yourself!" Y/N yelled angrily, forcing water into the cracks of the rock and freezing it to crumble the restraints, seconds before the Dai Li were on her. It was a whirlwind, and she was glad the opposing side all wore the same clothing, otherwise telling friend from foe would be next to impossible in the heat of battle.

          "Long Feng! He's getting away!" Jet yelled, running out the door after the man, closely followed by Aang.

          "Jet you get back here!" Y/N snarled, but he was gone. He's already proven to me that he can't handle himself, Aang better take care of him. I'll kill Jet myself if he gets hurt of captured again. She sliced a few more rock hand side in half, trying to catch enough of a break to chase after the guys.

          "Everyone duck!" Toph yelled, and Y/N hit the dirt, barely missing a large-scale attack of flying boulders. Most of the Dai Li got knocked off their feet, and some trapped in the wall, Toph quickly knocking more out.

          "Where did Aang and Jet go?" Katara asked, running up to Y/N. 

          "I don't know, but we have to find them, fast. We can't split up like this, it's a maze down here." Y/N shook her head, and ran out the door, Smellerbee and Longshot right behind her. They hadn't gone far, Y/N could hear yelling and the rumble of earthbending nearby. 

          "Y/N! Watch out!" As soon as Y/N stepped through the doorway, Aang screamed at her, and she narrowly dodged one of Jet's swinging hooks. Y/N threw a few icicles, pinning Jet to the wall, but he quickly ripped himself free.