Chapter 17: She Cared

Y/N's POV

          "That was quite the spectacle you caused." Zuko crossed his arms, looking around at the trees. "I know you're here somewhere, Zhao left a little while ago, I think it's safe." Y/N silently dropped from a nearby tree, softly landing in the grass and sneaking up behind him.

          "Did I do a good job?" She hissed in his ear, and he jumped, swinging a flaming fist around, which Y/N barely dodged. "Hey, don't kill me!" She yelped, sliding the mask up from her face.

          "Then don't scare me like that!" Zuko growled. "You did fine, but what was with the waterbending trick? And we're the extra seconds you took to do a fancy little dive necessary?" Y/N shrugged, following him as he began to trudge back to the ship.

          "It gave the Blue Spirit a little more of an attitude, and an air of confidence. Plus, they don't know it's a waterbending trick, for all they can guess, the Spirit is literally a ghost." They climbed the ramp back onto the deck, strangely quiet and empty now that all the soldiers were gone. I never got a chance to say goodbye to Zaji and Amo...

          "I guess so." Zuko took the mask off her head, studying the smiling face. "But be careful, I'm not going to have this ruined because one of us is inconsistent."

          "Are you implying that we're both the Blue Spirit now?" Y/N asked, following him down the stairs to his quarters. "Where's Iroh?"

          "Went for a walk. He'll be back in an hour." Zuko shrugged. "And yeah, it helps clear my name. Zhao was totally onto me until then, so I'll train you a little with the blades, in case he gets suspicious again." Zuko hid the mask, and Y/N took off the black clothes, handing them to him with the swords. 

          "What are we going to do? We can't man this kind of ship with three people without running into multiple problems, and Zhao is attacking the Northern Water Tribe in a few days." Y/N sat down on a cushion, Zuko plopping down on the other one and rubbing his temples.

          "I don't know, I don't know..." he groaned, staring at the floor. "There's a high chance that he will catch the Avatar, given the Avatar will stay to defend the city." 

          "We have very different problems here." Y/N laughed. "I hope you realize I plan to sabotage as many ships as possible. I'm still a warrior, and will defend my sister tribe." 

          "If it causes Zhao's downfall, I'm with you." Zuko said, looking over at her. "But once this is over, things are going to get tricky again. I still need the Avatar."

          "And I need him too, if he can really stop the war, though it's honestly hard to believe in a 12 year old kid when he doesn't seem to take his job seriously. Why do you go against your own nation?"

          "You said there are things I am ignorant of." Zuko pointed out. "The same goes to you. After all this is over, I will kill you." Out of all the things Y/N expected him to say, it wasn't that. 

          "Excuse me?" She asked, watching him light the candles on his table.

          "You heard me." Zuko snarled, the sudden outburst making Y/N jump. "You're a distraction, and you'll stab me in the back the moment our motives don't line up. You act all friendly, but I know your bad side. Tread carefully." Zuko closed his eyes, taking a deep breath.

          He keeps giving me mixed signals. I can't figure this guy out.

          "The moment you stab me in the back, the life debt is void." Y/N warned quietly, and Zuko nodded slightly.