Chapter Four: Dr. "Dream"

-Dream's Point of View- 

(This takes place before Tommy and Tubbo were placed in the same containment, I'm just saying this because it's important for this chapter)

Today I had been assigned possibly the simplest task by far. One of my supervisors told me that I had to carry this old wooden box into it's own 2 by 2 foot room (like I said, I'm in America and I don't know the other measurement system, and since Dream is in America, I would think that's the only system he knows too). I wasn't told what was in the box, but I was told it was safe class, that's why I was just carrying it to a room. I stilled gripped onto the box, however. Who knows what could be inside? I walked down the long, empty corridors. My blonde hair was ruffled from a long night of work and I had bags under my green eyes. My skin is pretty pale from being inside the foundation most of the time, but I still had freckles scattered on my face and arms. 

An alarm suddenly blared and red lights flashed. The booming speaker voice came from the intercoms, "SCP-1895-2 HAS BREECHED CONTAINMENT! SCP-1895-2 HAS BREECHED CONTAINMENT! PLEASE GET TO A SAFE ZONE..." The voice continued, but I blocked it out. SCP-1895-2 was always breaking containment. The SCP never got that far though. A security personnel ran into me from behind, roughly pushing my shoulder. I tripped and fell, the box sliding out of my hands.

"Watch were you're going, fucking idiot!" I spat at the guard. 

"Sorry-" The guard yelled, not really paying attention as he continued running down the hallways. I grumbled under my breath and I stood up and dusted myself off. I looked to the box. The hinges has snapped and the box was wide open. I looked around, trying to find the SCP that was inside of it. Not too far from the box was a mask looking thing. I approached it with caution, having no clue how safe the SCP actually was. I reached down and carefully picked the item up. I examined it.

The SCP was a round, white mask. It had a creepy smile drawn on it in black paint. The mask had old looking leather straps, but the white of the mask was shining like new. I squinted at it, maybe I wasn't in so much danger after all. I bent down and picked up the old, now broken, wooden box. Maybe no one will notice it's broken, the SCP seemed pretty harmless anyways. I was about to slide the mask back into the velvet covered interior of the box when I suddenly felt something.

It was like an impulse. To put on the mask. I tried to shake the thought out of my head, but it was loud and overbearing. Suddenly, my body was moving on its own. The box slid out of my grasp and I held the mask delicately in my hands. I heard the sound of breaking wood as I watched myself put the mask onto my face. I couldn't stop myself as I adjusted the leather straps around my head. I was screaming to my body to stop, but it didn't listen. I felt a rush come over me, like cold water. I was back in control. 

I started trying to undo the strap of the mask, but it was like it had been glued shut. I then tried to pull the mask off face, but it stayed on like it was fused to me. As far as I could tell nothing was actually happening to my body, there was just a mask stuck to my face. I looked around the empty hallway, trying to remember my way back to a lab. I started running, leaving the shards of broken wood behind for someone else to clean up. I turned a sharp corner and ran into a lab. My breath was quickening in panic. I looked around the room. My eyes landed on two familiar faces. Dr. West and Dr. Hunter.

"Dream?" Asked Dr. West, or George as I liked to call him. George always wore rounded sunglasses after being exposed to an SCP. The exposure caused him to be sensitive to light, so he wore sunglasses. 

"George!" I shouted in a panic, I ran to the pair, still heaving from running here. "George I can't take it off!" He looked at me, stunned. He ran his hand through his black hair and looked frantically around the room. 

"You can't take off the mask?" Asked Dr. Hunter, Sapnap, in a bored tone. Sapnap wore a white strip of cloth across his head because he said "it looks cool". Sap has messy brown hair and brown eyes that always had a spark of mischief in them. 

"No, I fucking CAN'T, Sap!" He looked at me shocked and confused about my sudden burst of anger. 

"Dream, let's think this out." George said to me as calmly as possible. I could tell he was scared through his goggles. 

"Can you actually see out of that thing?" Sapnap asked curiously. I hadn't thought about that till just now. I could see out of it, like it wasn't even there. But I could still feel the masks presence on my face. 

"Yeah, I can..." I mumbled. George hummed and took a step towards me. He was examining the mask closely. 

"Let's see how many power tools it takes to get this thing off your face." He said flatly. 

~Hours Later~

I sighed in defeat. We had tried everything. First, George tried to pry it off. The idea was that maybe the wearer can't take it off. It stayed glued to my face. Sap took a pair of pliers to the sides, no clue where he got them from. Didn't work. I told Sap to go get a hedge trimmer to try to cut the strap. The hedge trimmers broke. After a while of getting desperate, I told George and Sap that they had full permission to use some sort of blade or power tool on the mask. We first tried one of those surgery saws. Not even a scratch. Sap tried one of those circular rotating saws. Not even any marks. We tried more tools, progressively using more dangerous ones. 

But the mask was still on my face, like it was fused to me.

"What are we going to do?" Mumbled George in a panicked tone. I wracked my brain for ideas, but nothing was coming into my mind. 

"We'll have to tell the research director..." Sighed Sapnap. This would be an interesting conversation to have with our director. I was very likely to be highly questioned but we'll just have to wait to see what happens. I stood up from the table I had been sitting on.

"Well I'll just have to get it over with now." I muttered as I walked out the door. George and Sap mumbled quick goodbyes as I exited the lab. 

~Months later~

I was thankfully able to keep my job. The mask never hindered my work and just existed. It didn't tell me to do anything or have serious effects on my body, so life was still pretty normal. The SCP that now rested on my face, for most likely the rest of my life, is called SCP-7654. I was allowed access to SCP-7654's files to get a better understanding of how my life would play out based on wearing the mask. The file had no real information on it, it just said that it's anomalous effects are unknown. Apparently, before I wore it, a D-Class had put it on. The mask was stuck on their face until they were terminated. 

I had yet to partake in any experiments involving the mask. But I have done at least hundreds of more tests to try to remove it. Nothing ever came of them. I was actually starting to enjoy wearing the mask for some reason. There was really not that much to actually living with it stuck to me. New employees were fun to interact with because the mask looks so "creepy". I think it's just a little weird. 

Anyways.

Today I was walking to oversee an experiment with SCP-1895-1 and SCP-1895-2. It was just going to be me and Eret working on it. Eret hadn't told me any specifics yet. But since I was going today I was hoping to get a little more insight on what I was helping him do.

A/N: What do you think Eret and Dream are up to? 👀 You can theorize in the comments if you please~ But you'll have to stick around to find out!

Also, do you ever think of what would happen if you died with an unfinished fan-fic... Like... It just sits there, on the internet, for the rest of time. And anyone who comes across it will be disappointed there is no ending. They can comment all they want, but what's that gonna do? Bring your spirt to finish your fan-fic and disintegrate away once you've pushed complete? No. It will forever be unfinished. And it's just so strange to think about...

Anyways, make sure to stay hydrated and eat! Maybe also do some self-care, I bet you probably deserve some! :)