Chapter Eight: Remembering

-Tommy's Point of View- 

I hummed as I watched Tubbo play with his bees. He smiled as he sat on the grassy floor. I closed my eyes, taking a deep sigh. Living in this small box is annoying. At first, Tubbo and I were able to find things to do. But after a while, there was nothing to do anymore. You can't really do much when you're in the same box with just grass, flowers, and a single tree. There were people checking in on us every few days. And when we were first put together, someone would enter the room on a daily basis. Which was very annoying. Testing was the most annoying part of being here. Especially after Eret.

"T-Tommy!" Tubbo suddenly said, making me look up. He held a flower crown. It had red flowers all wrapped up. He wore a crown of some yellow flowers too. I scooted over to where he was sitting.

"Here." He mumbled, placing the crown on my head. Lately, Tubbo has been trying to speak more. 

"Where did you learn how to make these?" I chuckled as bees buzzed around us. Tubbo thought for a minute. He shrugged his shoulders in an 'I don't know'  way.

We sat in silence for a bit longer. I laid down on the grass as I looked at the sky. Wil told us it's some sort of realist projection. It makes Tubbo happy. It was like a normal outdoors sky. It helped us know what time it is. The sun was setting, creating oranges and pinks in the "sky".  I sighed as I remembered the field. "Oi Tubbo," I suddenly said, making him jump, "remember the field?" The bee boy looked to the sky as one of his antennae twitched. He nodded.

~Flashback~

I ran through the field, laughing. I recently taught Tubbo what tag is. He loves the game. I looked behind me as Tubbo tapped my shoulder. 

"T-ta-g!" He yelped. I smirked as he ran the opposite direction. He also laughed as I ran after him. We would do this for at least an hour. After a while we got tired. Tubbo walked me down to a creek. The water sparkled against the sunlight through the trees. Tubbo watched the tadpoles darting through the water. He suddenly grabbed my sleeve and started leading me somewhere. "Where we goin'?" I asked with a chuckle.

"H-ho-home." He stuttered. I looked at him quizzically but continued to follow him. Eventually, a small, run down shack came into view. The wooden planks on the outside were falling off, rotting, and peeling away. The house looked ok enough. As in, I don't think it will collapse on us. Tubbo let go of my sleeve and pushed open the door. The hinges creaked and we entered. The house was a bit dark with no lights. But there was sun flooding through the windows, providing just enough light to see. The wooden planks on the floor were in rough shape. The paint on the walls was peeling away and the furniture was fading. Tubbo went down the dark hallway. I his footsteps down the hallway. He lead me to a small room. He picked up one of those flashlight lanterns and flicked it on.  

The artificial light illuminated the room. It was a bedroom. The shelves had figurines, books, and other random items. There was a single bed with worn out sheets and pillows. A bee plush sat in the corner of the bed. There was a desk pushed up against the far wall. On the desk was an entire PC set-up. It was a pretty nice set-up too. But now the computers sat collecting dust on the desk.

"Who's house is this?" I asked as I ran my hand across the dusty monitors. Tubbo was digging through a closet.

"It's m-my hou-se." He mumbled. I was stunned. When did he live here? I suddenly noticed newspapers littering the floor. I crouched down and picked on up. I sat on the dusty floor as I opened the pages of the newspaper. The date was about three years back. I read the headline.