Chapter Five: Scared

TRIGGER WARNING(S): Mentions abuse, needles, and gaslighting/manipulation(?). (I can't think of anything else but I want everyone to stay safe~!)(And the ones with question marks are ones that I thought apply but idk if they're really there, I just want everyone to stay safe and happy, hope you don't mind!)

-Wilbur's Point of View- 

I was very aware of testing that was happening with SCP-1895-1 and SCP-1895-2. But something was becoming "off" about SCP-1895-2. SCP-1895-2, or Tommy, was becoming more protective of SCP-1895-1, or Tubbo. I had once observed a time when just SCP-1895-1 was taken for testing. Tubbo looked just fine, even held onto Eret's lab coat as he was walked out of his containment. Tubbo was happy, just smiling. But Tommy was having none of it. Four security personnel had to restrain him after he killed one of them. This gave off huge red flags. Tommy had yet to actually kill in Foundation custody, he constantly threatened everyone, but never went through with anything. He would only go to extremes for Tubbo. 

Today I decided I was going to check on them, make sure they were ok. I waved at the two guards as I entered the containment room. The room had lush grass on the floor, with flowers, small bushes, and even a small tree. Tommy sat with Tubbo, both of them backed up against a wall. Tommy was intensely glaring at me as I started to approach them. I was about three feet away (I KNOW THEY DON'T USE THE AMERICAN SYSTEM OF MEAUSERMENT, I USE IT BECAUSE I'M AMERICAN AND DON'T UNDERSTAND OTHER MEAUSERMENT SYSTEMS BECAUSE I'M D U M B) when Tommy suddenly growled, "Don't come any closer." Tommy was the only one of he duo that ever talked. 

"Tommy, it's ok, it's just me!" I said in my most comforting tone possible. Tommy was now completely in front of Tubbo. He looked like he would kill me at any moment. Tubbo silently tapped his shoulder. He looked back. Tubbo was signing to him in a moment of silence. Tommy huffed and stood up. Tubbo stood too, but remained behind Tommy. 

"Are you here to take one of us for testing?" Tommy spat, his voice dripping with venom. I considered my words for a moment, not wanting to aggravate the SCP. 

"No Tommy. I just wanted to check up on you two!" I said in bubbly voice. Tubbo smiled a bit. But Tommy remained stone faced. "Can I come closer?" I asked hesitantly. Tommy looked to Tubbo. He thought for a few seconds.

"...Yes." The blonde said as if he was unsure of his answer. I came a bit closer. I suddenly decided to pull out my clipboard to take notes. I wanted to possibly add this behavior to their files later. Tommy's eyes widened at the sight of my plastic clipboard. He quickly moved in front of Tubbo and blocked his own face. 'What... What is he doing?' I though. He looked at me. I was too stunned to move or say anything. 

"D-don't hit him. He didn't do anything." The SCP said quietly. I shook myself out of my shock. Tommy was still holding his arms out and shaking, like he expected me to strike at any moment. 

"Tommy, why would I hit him?" I asked quietly as I carefully tucked my clipboard into my lab coat. Tommy lowered his arms, but still stood in a defensive position. 

"Because I didn't listen last time." He said in an almost inaudible whisper. Tears were pricking at the corners of his eyes. 'He didn't listen last time?' I replayed those words in my head for a good minute.

"Tommy what do you mean you didn't listen last time?" The boy hesitated. Tubbo grabbed onto the sleeve of Tommy's orange, Foundation assigned, jumpsuit. Tommy looked into my eyes, his own blue eyes clouded in fear.

"I can't tell you." He said lowly. I stood there, stunned. Tommy and Tubbo told me everything. Like how they felt that day, what they thought about everything, their opinions and more. This was odd for Tommy to do. 

"It's ok," I said lightly, "I'll leave you two alone for now." I finished. Mumbling the last part. 

~Time Skip~

I had wracked my brain for hours after I talked to the two SCPs. Was something happening during testing? Something that seemed VERY against The Code of Ethics. Someone was hurting Tommy very intentionally, making him loose trust in everyone. Tommy didn't like anyone, but he never acted out. And Tubbo would rather do anything than attack or kill anyone. I kept up to date with all the SCPs I regularly checked upon. I knew exactly who had been testing the two for a little over a month now. 

Dream and Eret.

I never liked Eret, he's just very sus. I don't know too much about Dream. He's very quite and it's hard to read him with that dumb mask covering his face. I marched down the halls, looking for one of them. I suddenly spotted Dream coming my direction. "Dream!" I yelled at him. He looked up from his clipboard.

"What do you need Dr. Soot?" We stopped in front of each other, just smack in the middle of the almost empty hallway. 'This guy is too formal.' I thought.

"What kind of experimenting have you been doing with SCP-1895-1 and SCP-1895-2?" I'm pretty sure my security clearance allowed me access to whatever went on in those labs. The doctor looked away, he was avoiding making eye contact with me. Even if it was through that creepy mask. 

"I stopped working with Eret a while ago..." Dream mumbled. He seemed guilty. Guilty of what?

"Well what did you do with Eret when you were doing experimenting with them?" I said as calmly as possible. Dream looked around the hallway. 

"Follow me," He whispered, "I shouldn't tell you out here." He started walking away, pretty fast I may add. Typical Dream, always so mysterious. I followed him with a sigh. He spotted a storage closet. He quickly opened the door and dragged me inside. "Dream what the-" He slammed the door shut before I could say anything else. The closet was small, but not cramped. We were able to keep a comfortable distance between us. 

"You want to know what went on in that lab with Eret?" He hissed. I nodded, scared of his sudden outburst. "You were right about Eret," I was truly stunned, lost for words even, "what he does to those SCPs is nothing I want to be around." Dream said lowly. 

"What do you mean?" I said, extra worried about was going on now. Dream let out a heavy sigh and shrank a bit. 

"He has no morals, Wil," it felt like his dot eyes were staring straight into my soul as the man paused, "he just does awful things because he can." 

"What do you mean by that?" I hissed. Dream was silent for a good minute. He looked away again.

"A few days into "testing" with Eret, he was starting to preform random tests on SCP-1895-2. And only on SCP-1895-2. These tests started to get more intense almost every day. Pretty soon, it was just seeing how far he could push SCP-1895-2 mentality or physically." Dream took a shaky breath. "I didn't say anything for a while, I thought Eret might snap out of eventually, but he never did. And I don't think he has Wil." Dream was clearly ashamed of what he let Eret do to the SCPs. 

"Thank you Dream." I said lowly. I was going to find out exactly what Eret was doing to those two kids. I quickly exited the storage closet, now determined to see what Eret was up to.  There was a schedule for Tommy and Tubbo's testing. It was like clockwork, everyday at 2:30PM. I quickly checked my watch. It read 1:45PM. I had time to get back to the two SCPs containment area to watch and wait to follow Eret to one of the labs. 

'We're going to find out what's going on in that lab. And I'll kill Eret if he hurts a hair on Tommy's head.' 

Brain power go brrrrr... CLIFFHANGER TIME! I don't actually know what I'm going to write after this so the next chapter might take longer to put out  (。_。)

Anyways! Have fun y'all and make sure to stay hydrated! 

EDIT: *Me, knowing full well that yelling and arguing triggers my anxiety* Also me: He, he, angry block men go brrrrrrrrrr

(this is referring to me watching the festival without hesitation even though I know my hands are gonna go shakey shakey and I'll feel sick... there's just something about yelling and arguing that gives me anxiety, idk why)