Chapter Seven: Fight

TRIGGER WARNING(S): Cursing, (badly written) fight scene, blood, and brusing.

-Dream's Point of View-

Wilbur was pretty upset after I told him about Eret's "experiments". I hope he isn't going to do something he'll regret. Wilbur was usually a very rational man, but he let his feelings get in the way of work. I rounded the corner and entered a lab. "Sup!" Sapnap yelled from across the lab.

"Oh," I mumbled, "hey Sap!" I responded. George turned around and smiled at me.

"What are you doin'?" George asked curiously.  I shrugged as I peered over his shoulder, trying to look at what he was working on. 

"Not much today," I sighed, "just paperwork." Sapnap sighed and slumped over dramatically. 

"Uuugh," he groaned, "don't even say paperwork around me!" Sap never did much paperwork. He usually left it up to me or George. I rolled my eyes under my mask and George just sighed. 

"Anyways," I piped up, "what are you guys doing?" I asked, looking over George's shoulder once again. He had some random samples of black matter in tubes and those small, round dishes. As I looked closer, there was some sort of black gas and liquid in the tubes and glasses. 

"Oh yeah, we just took some samples from SCP-8460." George said as he squinted into a microscope. SCP-8460 was a newer SCP, I hadn't heard much about it since it arrived to our site.

"Oh yeah, what is SCP-8460?"George just handed me a fairly thin folder labeled 'SCP-8460'. I opened it to reveal the picture of a young man. He had fluffy brown hair and glasses with a smile. I was confused for a second until I say a second picture. It was some sort of... black matter demon? It had bright white eyes and horns sprouting out of its head. The file told about how SCP-8460 was previously a young man named "Darryl". Then it talked about his "alter-ego" or the SCP that possesses him. It calls itself BadBoyHalo, or Bad for short. "Bad" was a demon-like creature that took control of Darryl's body when he was in danger. Notes say it's possible that "Bad" is just protecting his host, Darryl. Other notes describe how Darryl sometimes appears to be talking to himself. He claims that he can converse with SCP-8460. 'Interesting.'  Was all I thought. 

I thought about Wil again for a quick second. 'No, Wil wouldn't do anything dumb.' I thought to myself. 'Right?'

-Wilbur's Point of View-

I walked down a hallway, attempting to calm myself with deep breaths. But I just couldn't stop thinking about those poor kids. What kind of monster could hurt a child the way Eret seemed to be doing. I let out a huff as I rounded the hallway corner. I bumped right into someone as I did. "Oh crap," I said, "I'm so sorry!" I looked at the person as they just looked back at me. 

"Wil," the woman in front of me said, "it's fine!" Niki said with a light smile. Her blue eyes twinkled as she ran her hand through her messed up blonde hair, attempting to fix it. I sighed.

"Thank you Niki." I said with a small smile. She looked at me in concern.

"Wil, you look really tired." She pointed out. I knew I did, to be honest. My brown hair was a disaster and I had bags under my eyes from staying up late.

"I'm fine!" I told her reassuringly. I even smiled a bit. She smiled back, looking relived.

"Alright Wil, now stay safe!" She said as she began to walk past me. 

"Wait!" I yelled, making her turn around, "Have you seen Eret?" I asked innocently. She thought for a second.

"Oh yeah," she finally said, "I saw him  in the cafeteria a moment ago!" She said in a bubbly tone. I smiled back at her, making a plan in my head.