Visiting an old friend

Damian pov

I wasn't on board with this plan, meeting someone like constenance for help is like delibrately walking into quick sand. I would have stayed home if this mission weren't so important, that and I didn't want to be left alone with blue beetle ,Garfield and Connor , plus Grayson didn't want me to stay with them alone either, probably afraid he'll come back and see a sword through their throats .
Raven teleported us there. Kori and Grayson were at the front Raven and I followed closely behind. Usually I'd be at the very front of the line ready for battle but in this case I wanted to avoid as much physical or mental contact as possible, I really hate it when people are in my head. Kori and Raven on the other hand were more than happy to visit their old friend (I'm talking about zatana not that constenance is actually considered friendly or worthy of consideration if it wasn't for the fact he and Zatana are a package deal this would have been so much easier.

Raven pov
Through my portal we arrived at zatanas home in a matter of seconds, luckily I still remember where they live I was sure they moved out though, guess I was wrong . We stood in front of a big wooden house covered in dust, cobwebs and spiders , the front porch stair case was broken at the bottom and so was half of the house.. The whole place gave a scary aura that read:Danger do not go in.

Which is exactly why they chose this place. "Raven are you sure this is were they live ", asked star

"yap"

"it looks like a run down fun house ,courtesy of constenance I'm sure ",scuffed Damian

I giggled at that one, just wait till they see the inside .

Dicks pov

We stepped inside the 🏢 and I gotta say the inside looked so much better than the outside ,it was much bigger and brighter, the entire house was coated in white and gold paint, there were shelves of books lined in a circle in the room making us appear in the middle" this place is even bigger than Wayne manor ",I mumble to myself

"tch", Damian scuffed, he must have heard me.

A floating Zatana came coming down from the above balcony wearing an apron, while holding a frying pan of what I think contained bacon I wasn't sure at the moment but the smell was intoxicating. I already skipped breakfast coming here and right now I'm really hungry.

As her feet touched the floor she gave us a big smile "welcome to my humble home ",

"glad to be here ", I said

"your home is truly beautiful ", complimented star

"thank you "

"zatana does have good taste ", quipped Raven, then I watched her hit Damians shoulder with her elbow, Damian mumbled something in response probably a curse then said "it's nice "

"well glad you all like it, now let's go upstairs and have some breakfast I can tell most of you are hungry and can't wait to eat, the she turned to me winked and started walking, we followed.

As she turned I got a good look on what's in the pan and I was right it was baking.

Kori's pov
We wear lead to a large and long elevator staircase like the one in the mall that magically goes up and down by itself . I stepped on it and was immediately pulled up, I didn't like the feeling so I decided to fly instead with zatana and Raven followed suit leaving the boys down there. I felt bad for them it's not everyday you get fly, so I went back down and picked Dick leaving Damian for Raven

"hey babe you know I can walk right ",he said

"I know, but it would be much faster if I carry you, besides I don't want you feeling left out ",

He chuckled "caring as always, alright star your the boss "

That made me giggle and I flew to zatana's side "nice of you to join us NightWing ", she said

Damians pov
"nice of you to join us NightWing ", said zatana

Raven flew over to my side "Damian "
"Raven "
She picked me up, wrapping her hands around my waist for better security, we flew up together . I looked at the grown we weren't that high up "well this is embarrassing ", I mumbled

"what is ", she asked "the fact that you can't fly or the fact that I'm carrying you "

"both "

"awwww did Robin loose his wings ",she mocked.

I glared at her,but she just giggled. My lips curled up to a smile when she did that, her face looked so clean and childish.

Dammit!
I wanted to pinch them so bad, she looked so cute right now, my right hand as if having a mind of its own reached for her cheek ,I quickly retracted it before it could get any closer. Sigh. I guess I'll just enjoy the view after all she is quite the art to look at.

Ravens pov
I could feel Damians domineering gaze on me, it made me nervous and shy, why is he looking at me, I began to wonder, is there something on my face ?
Do I look ugly right now?

I couldn't take the heat anymore, I had to ask "hey..... um.. Dami what's wrong, do I have something on my face "

"no... Cough...... you look great as always "

"thanks ", I felt my cheeks go crimson at that statement, I was caught of guard, never in a million years would I have thought to be complimented by Damian Wayne, it's a true honor.

The rest of the ride was filled with a calming silence . We arrived at the living room which was just as big as the previous room just a few inches smaller, I carefully dropped Damian and my hands suddenly felt empty and longed for his hold again, but I restrained myself.

"take a seat breakfast will be ready in ten seconds, me and Damian shared a couch, pressed close together ,usually I don't like physically contact but this is quite enjoyable. Dick and Kori were in the same position happily holding hands. I turned to Damian's hand that was just inches away from mine, if I just moved...... I shook my head immediately removing that thought what I'm I thinking .

Someones got a crush

Shut up dad!

"zatan ", an all to familiar voice said "do you know were I put my robe",

I turned to were the voice was coming from and I wished I hadn't though ,my eyes dilated as I took up the seen before me, mouth agape, before I could look further, my vision was blocked by a strong palm that smelled of fruit and nature an all to familiar scent.

Damian he was trying to save me from such a terrible scene that would take years to forget.

I kneed to wash my eyes with disinfectant when I get back home because standing in front of me was........