TWENTY-FOUR

Air Supply: Making Love Out of Nothing at All

Harry

I longed for her skin, I longed to feel her body pressed up to mine, I dreamt of holding her and not letting go and, somehow... here I am with her sitting on top of me and looking into my soul with those deep brown eyes. This moment has been on my mind for weeks, and I knew it would happen at some point, just wasn't sure how it would play out.

"Are you sure?", my mouth instinctively moved, and I mentally slapped myself for saying something that could slow us down, but I had to know she wanted this as much as I did.

"I'm not sure of many things, but I am sure that your hands on my body never felt this good.", Essie spoke softly, between little kisses, and I knew in that moment that whatever happened I was happy.

She held onto my shoulders as I undressed her slowly, savouring every second my hands got to touch her soft skin. Her eyes were closed most of the time, only opening once or twice, to make me see that this was what both of us wanted, by looking into mine softly. It was strange how so much time had passed since I was this close to her, but my fingers knew exactly where to touch her, my lips knew exactly where to press. My mind flashed to the memory of that first night that I undressed her in her house, I remembered how the moonlight peaked through her windows and how her breaths shortened with our every move. She was still that Essie, my Essie... so perfect it could very well kill me.

"Temptress.", I whispered softly into her ear, and she paused for a second, giving me a look I couldn't describe for all I tried, but one that became etched in my brain.

"What was that?", I played dumb, "Come on, say it again.".

"I called you a temptress, because that name suits you best.", honestly, I wasn't sure if she was about to freak out or if she loved it, but I had faith it was the latter.

"If only that were true, but I think it's the other way around."

"You think I'm the temptation in this relationship?", of all the times we'd had sex before, our foreplay never included these types of conversations.

"Well, yeah. With your gentle touches, sly brushes against my body when you walk by, that kiss... you were tempting me this whole time and I entered the temptation. But somehow, I'm okay with it."

"Okay, enough talking. More kissing, please.", and Essie obliged, pressing her hands onto my chest, making me lay down on the bed. It could've been minutes or hours, but we spent those moments melting into one another gently and ever so slowly. You couldn't peel me off her even if you tried your hardest. Maybe it was because I'd been wishing for this to happen for some time now, maybe it was because we were truly best friends now, but it had never felt this good. All the other times we'd gone to bed together, they were great, and I wouldn't change one detail... but this, now – this was it.

Essie was sleeping in my arms, breathing so peacefully and I just kept thinking about all the times you ask yourself if it will ever happen... that moment of total madness that takes over you once you fall in love so deeply. You know how people tell you about meeting someone and just knowing? Knowing that you want to be with them every minute of every day? I understood now.

Essie

Opening my eyes and seeing Harry next to me felt like a dream, one that made me want to close them back up and go to sleep, to savour the feeling. I wasn't crazy, I'd started to realise what I felt for him some time ago. I just wasn't allowing myself to enter the temptation because I was aware of all I stood to lose if things went south. It turns out that I'd somehow forgotten what it felt like being with Harry. Not just being near him, even though that was great as well, but being in his arms, how he knew all my ticklish spots, the fact he was familiar with my turn-ons and knew how to use them to his advantage... I missed that.