Chapter 7: Mad & Moody

19th October 2020

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that."(Sahih al-Bukhari)

The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "How wonderful is the affair of the believer, for his affairs are all good, and this applies to no one but the believer. If something good happens to him, he is thankful for it and that is good for him. If something bad happens to him, he bears it with patience and that is good for him." (Narrated by Muslim).

Chapter 7
Mad I Moody

Some days you are on top of the world. The Sun's shining bright, the birds are chirping and the air is brim with merry laughter. You have a skip in your step, a smile on your face. You can do anything you set your mind to. Your mom is happy and the house is warm with love, your neighbour wins a lottery and your aunt is pregnant. Your dad's got his paycheck and you're going out tonight. You can't help but bask in the warmth of the day.

While on some other days, you're on a pit you dug for yourself, with no one by your side, all alone in a pile of cow dung.

That is how Shazin felt that day as she stayed buried under her duvet. Neither motivated to sleep nor to get out of her bed. She woke up early when she didn't have to and now she remained this way.

"Hey 'neesa!" Came the annoying voice of her cousin.

She groaned under the sheets.

Shazin wasn't fond of morning people, especially when they were way too enthusiastic for a Monday morning. Rayhan, like Hamish, belonged to that category.

"Heyo!" Rayhan called out again.

"What?" She snapped, her eyes peeking out of the blanket.

"Your bf's waiting." Rayhan replied smugly leaning over the wall.

"You ever heard of knocking?"

"Yeah, and you would have heard the same had you not been drowning under the blankets with your ears blasting with music. Had to check if you were dead. Almost ordered a pizza. Shoot." He said dejected to see her still alive.

She rolled her eyes.

"Come down! Aunt's calling."

"And what do you mean, bf? Boyfriend, breakfast, best friend? Be pacific!" She said rubbing her eyes furiously, seeing the quantum realm for a couple of seconds. She walked down the stairs with him while gathering her hair into a messy bun.

"You mean specific?"

"I SAID WHAT I SAID!" She replied.

"Well well well, now that's a red carpet look right there!" Yazdan whistled spotting a very annoyed Shazin in her PJs walking down the stairs with Rayhan on her tow. He held a plate of breakfast before her and bowed down like a gentleman while Zeeshan bounced like a mad little man from his other hand.

"Ugh!" Shazin shut her eyes looking up at the ceiling. What a wonderful sight to start the day with.

Could this day be any better?