Chapter 8: Together or Apart?

6th October 2020

Note: this is a pretty looong chapter. So take breaks in between if required. And sit down to read only once you're done with your other responsibilities (especially salaaah!!).

Also, don't be shy to flood in the comment section! I'd love to see your responses. I have never asked you for your votes in this book, and I'm still not going to. But leave a comment, makes your girl happy-happy to see them! :)

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:
Charity does not decrease wealth, no one forgives another except that Allah increases his honor, and no one humbles himself for the sake of Allah except that Allah raises his status.

The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Seven people will be shaded by Allah under His shade on the day when there will be no shade except His. They are: (1) a just ruler; (2) a young man who has been brought up in the worship of Allah, (i.e. worship Allah (Alone) sincerely from his childhood), (3) a man whose heart is attached to the mosque (who offers the five compulsory congregational prayers in the mosque); (4) two persons who love each other only for Allah's sake and they meet and part in Allah's cause only; (5) a man who refuses the call of a charming woman of noble birth for an illegal sexual intercourse with her and says: I am afraid of Allah; (6) a person who practices charity so secretly that his left hand does not know what his right hand has given (i.e. nobody knows how much he has given in charity). (7) a person who remembers Allah in seclusion and his eyes get flooded with tears."

Chapter 8
Together or Apart?

"Slow down!" Shazin called after the siblings trying to catch up with them.

"On your left!" Hamish said laughing at her while passing by her again on his way to round three while she was still stuck on her first lap and panting.

"Hey! I thought we were jogging not doing a friggin running race!" Shazin yelled after him.

She caught Samah laughing at her while playing with the kids in the park who had dragged their parents to enjoy the final day of the weekend. Reason for Samah taking an hour's rest after five minutes of warm-up being the theory that he didn't want to get too ripped and take away the spotlight from Hamish.

Couldn't even tell with that guy, he might either be incredibly lazy like Shazin or genuinely concerned about stealing Hamish's thunder. Could never tell what's going on in that kid's head!

"You go gurrl!" He said hyping her up from a distance. She puffed up her cheeks and air-high-fived him, continuing on her way to catch up with the siblings.

"Wow, you unbelievably long-legged people, I'm running here to catch up with you while you're having a casual stroll!"

"Hey, is someone talking to us, Humair? I feel an irritating buzzing sound coming from somewhere dowwwn there." Hamish said with a mischievous grin.

"Yeah, just ignore it Hami. It usually gradually fades away. "

"I'M RIGHT HERE!" Shazin responded crossly, stomping her feet.

Even while they poked fun at her expense, she found a smile weaving through her face as she felt happiness physically coursing through her. Tahya had called the previous night to inform that she was still in for the Captain's position. She knew her favourite teacher wasn't that cruel to withhold this single most important piece of information from her until after the suspension like she said. Nothing could bring down her internal spirits today, for tomorrow would be the day she'd finally go back to school after an eternity of sitting at home.