Chapter 28

Makoto POV

Losing hope, giving in to despair, that's living. But not living!

Makoto Naegi has aquired hope bullets

Junko: If I were to die...

Junko: That would be the end of hope's peak academy.

Taka: ... ...

Makoto: Don't lose hope!

Taka: I've been lying to myself. Ever since Mondo died. I've been looking for some proof he's alive. I can't live without him.

Makoto: That is true, but your thinking is wrong. You can live with yourself. Use Mondo as a reason for you to move on. Don't live on with him. Live on for him! Don't let yourself become a tool! He saw you more than that. He saw you as his bro!

Taka:...Hey, you're right! I feel like I've been told this before, but I didn't fully understand what it meant. I will live on! I won't let Mondo die in vain! I will live on for him. Not just him, Chihiro too! For everyone that died!

Junko: By the way, the air outside is totally polluted, ya know.

Junko: The only reason, we're ok...

Junko: ...is thanks to the air purifiers in the physics lab.

Aoi: ... ...

Makoto: Don't lose hope now!

Aoi: All this time, I've been thinking. What would Sakura do in this situation? Is she, disappointed in me? For what I've done?

Makoto: You were blinded by despair and blamed everyone, even yourself. I don't blame you for what you did. If Sakura was in this situation, all i know is she wouldn't give up!

Aoi: ...She was working for Junko and decided to betray her. She didn't give up! Even if it mean she died! She died for us, not for the mastermind! I will do the same thing, I won't give up!

Junko: If I die, the air purifiers would stop.

Junko: In other words, if I die...

Junko: The communal life you all have been living would come to an end.

Syo: ... ...

Makoto: Don't lose hope!

Syo:... KYEEEEHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I don't care either way. I'm fine with what's more interesting. Even if I don't look like it, I've always hated school. Hell, no matter what, I still hate it! KYEEEHAHAHAHAHAHA! 

Makoto: ...Ok then

Syo: Oh, but no matter what. Master has to come too. Diablo's still attractive tho.

Junko: All of you will have to leave.

Junko: All of you will have to go back to the despairful world out there.

Byakuya: ... ...

Makoto: Don't lose hope!

Byakuya:... What's wrong? You weren't actually thinking of encouraging me, were you?

Makoto: I was gonna give it a shot.

Byakuya: Hmph, ridiculous. The very thought of believing this abnormality or her boyfriend sickens me. It never even crossed my mind that I would fall in to despair. 

Makoto: Byakuya...

Byakuya: Don't misunderstand me, I couldn't care less on what happens to you. I just have to keep my word. I will take down the mastermind. Besides, that little plebian was lying. The Togami family isn't dead. Because I'm still alive. So until I can restore the Togami family, and bring it beyond it's glory.