27 -- TO LOVE AND TO CHERISH ....

It was early.  7:23 a.m., to be precise.  It hadn't long been light outside, and today, of all days, it was raining.  Wasn't it supposed to be good luck if it rained on your wedding day ?  Larry supposed that that was someone's very clever way, once upon a time, of making a prospective bride feel better about her and her wedding guests getting soaking wet on the biggest day of her life.  But the forecast for the rest of the day was better, and the skies were already clearing.  

He stood alone in the kitchen, sipping his coffee, warming his hands on the mug.  Enjoying the silence, looking around at his neighbour's houses over the garden fence.  What were they doing right now, he wondered.  Were some like him, enjoying their coffee in peace before the world and life got in the way ?  Still sleeping, just getting up ?  Thinking about the neighbour's wedding they had been invited to later in the day ?  Making love with their significant other, just as he and his significant other just had, not even an hour earlier ?  He clenched his ass cheeks together absentmindedly, hissing at the slight soreness Laurent had so lovingly left him with.  Lovingly, but not so tenderly.  But it made him smile, though.  A lot lately.  The thought of their love, physical or otherwise, always made him smile.  In the last few months since the Caleb debacle, Laurent had been so attentive, so kind and so loving, and SO damn sexy.  Neither of them could keep their hands off of each other, it was like they were newly weds again.  But planning, organising, and just thinking about today, the excitement and the meaning of it all, made them think about renewing their vows.  How much more poignant those vows would be.  What each of those words would really mean this time around.  But they would wait.  Let's get this wedding over with first, they had decided.  Then they could plan their own.  

Larry was also remembering, a few nights ago, when he and Laurent had hosted Chucks bachelor party.  He giggled to himself at the mere thought, at how drunk they had all gotten, and how all Chuck could do was to profess his undying love for Leyla, and how he would spend the rest of his life making her happy.  He also remembered then, a wistful smile and a faint blush gracing his face as his features softened at the thought, how he and Laurent had pledged the very same thing to each other that night too, as they had tried to make love, drunkenly, sloppily, and noisily.  

"The thought that is making you smile THAT smile, is worth way more than a penny"  The voice behind him was gravelly and morning sexy.  Strong arms enveloped him from behind in a warm embrace, as soft lips pressed gently against his collarbone and minty breath cascaded across his cheek, and in his ear, making him shiver.  He turned in Laurent's arms to face his love.  

"Good morning"  he whispered, kissing the beautiful face in front of him.

"Good morning, mon amour.  Sorry, did I disturb your peace ?"  Larry smiled.

"A little, but I don't mind you disturbing it."  He pecked his lips lightly again.  He could get lost in those lips, those eyes, in HIM, all over again.  But now was not the time, there was too much to do today.

It was Leyla's Wedding Day.

"What time are the caterers arriving ?"  Laurent asked, grabbing himself some coffee.

"9.  And the florist.  And the wedding planner.  Jeez !  That's soon !  Then we need to ..... "

"Larry ...... "  Laurent tried to get his attention as he started pacing, a slight frown on his face now, worried about every detail of Leyla and Chuck's wedding.  He just wanted it to be ..... perfect.

"Larry ...... "  Laurent tried again, "Larry, mon amour, will you stop, please ?" He grabbed Larry's hands, pulling him to him, trapping both their hands behind Larry's back so that he couldn't move.  So that he would have to stop for a second and look at him.  Which he did, albeit reluctantly.