EPILOGUE -- PART 2 -- MISSY

Some years later ..... 

"Oh, for fuck's sake !"  Laurent yells at the huge T.V. screen.

"Pop !  Please ..... "  Kayden throws his father a warning glance, "Language in front of Michael."

"Nothin' he ain't heard or doesn't say already"  he say's, his eyes not leaving the screen, nor his thumbs leaving the game controller in his hands.  "But, you're right ....." he conceded.

"Thanks pop."

"Michael, don't fucking swear, OK ?" he smirks.

"Seriously ?"

"Just play, Kayden !  I'm beatin' your ass like you stole somethin'"

All three men were in Michael's room, squished together on the end of Michael's bed, controllers in hand, playing Halo.  Old school, re-imagined.  Dressed up like complete dog's dinners, dress suits, bow tie's, shoe's shone to within an inch of their lives, the whole shebang.  Laurent glanced at his watch.

"Shit !  We gotta go.  Dad will be cursing me out if we're late.  C'mon !" he issued, throwing his controller on the bed as he stood to straighten himself.  Kayden and Michael took no notice, still playing, eyes glued to the screen, tongues escaping their mouths in concentration.

"Come on !"  Laurent yelled.  He then resorted to one of Larry's tricks.  He pulled the plug out of the outlet on the wall.

"Pop !"  Laurent just glared at his sons, 

"We gotta go, now !  You wanna feel the sharp end of your sister's wrath ?  No, didn't think so."  They immediately got up off of the bed at the mere prospect of Michaela's temper.

"Where's dad ?"

"He's meeting us there.  Hurry up !"

"OK, OK, don't have a cow .... "

Michael was your typical 14 year old boy.  Almost as tall as Larry, not quite as tall as Laurent, he had the same lithe, wiry, muscular frame, the same mass of wild afro hair as both of them.  He had chosen to keep it in corn rows for now, it was basketball season, and it was easier to maintain when he was playing, but he had let the fro free, just for tonight.

He was also turning out to be quite the ladies man, and boy, did he take advantage of that so called elevated social status.  He was so unlike either of his fathers, they both lowkey worried about how he treated his girls.  Yes, girls.  Michael had told them that "this"  --  running his hands up and down his torso  --  was just too good, to not share the wealth.  Laurent had warned him.  Told him.  Larry had lectured him.  He was way too young to even think about sex yet.  But he still thought about it.  A lot.  He was 14, what did they expect.

"Who said anything about sex, pop ?"  he answered his father with a smirk and a wink.  --  Lord in heaven, help me,  --  Laurent had thought at the time. 

Kayden, now 23, was an exact replica of Larry.  He was quieter, quite shy and reserved, more introverted as he grew up, but friendly and sweet, and he had a smile that could melt icebergs.  He had gone to M.I.T., just as his father had, even taking the same degree.  He worked with, and for, his dad since he was 15, and he now ran Larry's business on a day to day basis, especially since he had sold off part of it.  And he was extremely good at it. 

All three men literally ran out of the front door, checking lights and security as they left.  Chuck was waiting in the car with the engine already running.

"Thank you God ! " he huffed.  "It's usually Larry that's late, guys.  We won't be able to get parking at this rate."  He was dressed to kill too, they had all been given strict instructions from both Missy and Leyla as to what they should wear, and what time they should get there.