Nine

The next day came and classes passed by. I had a free period in the middle of the day so I decided to sit in the courtyard to study. My fingers turned page by page and my mind was completely focused on the words I was reading. I was seated on a bench in the courtyard and suddenly a pair of hands were placed on my shoulders from behind me. The touch was recognizable. I looked behind me and it was the lovely Cedric Diggory. I hadn't talked to him for a while now, with him hanging out with his Hufflepuff friends and I with my Gryffindor friends. My mouth gave him the biggest, warmest smile and his gave me one back.

"Hello love" he said. I had really missed him.

The last years here at Hogwarts we almost hung out every day. Everyone at school thought we were dating. Cedric and I were known at Hogwarts for being the 'famous Hufflepuff-Gryffindor couple' and it was because I was known from my brother and he was just popular around school. Every girl still flirted with Cedric though. Most people didn't like me, they thought they could easily take him away from me because of how disliked I was from the other houses. It was funny to me though because we weren't even dating.

"Hi Ced! I've missed you!" I stood up to give him a big loving hug. Cedric's strong arms wrapped around my waist and mine wrapped around his neck. I was just a few inches shorter than him so my nose dug into his shoulder. I loved his scent. The smell of vanilla, honey, fresh parchment and his perfume gave warmth to my heart.

We let go of the hug and he kissed my cheek with his soft lips. Some Ravenclaw girls sat on a bench on the other side of the courtyard. They stared at us and whispered to each other to then start giggling. It was annoying that people talked about us, but I had missed it because I knew when they did, Cedric and I hung out.

Cedric then started looking a little nervous when he started speaking. "Ehh... I just wanted to tell you that... I asked Cho to the ball." Cedric knew I didn't like Cho at all, me and her never got along. He took my hand and held it tight. "You don't mind do you?" He wanted my approval. If he had asked someone he knew I was friends with or at least didn't have anything against it would've been fine but now it was different. Cho Chang was one of the girls trying to take Ced away from me last year. I guess she succeeded this year.

"What a downgrade" I was being sarcastic to show him that I was a little bit annoyed. But I'm not the one to talk, I'm going with Adrian.

His nervous face turned into a smile. Cedric moved his mouth towards my ear to whisper in my ear: "definitely." He then kissed my cheek again before moving away from me. "So, did anyone ask you yet?"

Oh shit. Should I or shouldn't I tell him? He was going to disapprove and that's for sure. "Umm... yeah about that." Now I was being the one that was nervous. "Actually Adrian Pucey asked me." I looked at him with baby eyes so he wouldn't take it so badly.

Cedric opened his mouth like he was about so say something but stopped right before the words left his mouth. He also let go of my hand he just held tight. Cedric stared at me at first and silence filled up the spaced between us. I just stood there waiting for him to give me a response. "You're joking right?" He said after a while. I shook my head. "You know he is one of Malfoy's closest friends? Pucey is one of the worst Slytherins!" He looked at me with seriousness on his face.

"He's not though! He's been nothing but kind to me." I tried to explain to Cedric. He wasn't convinced at all.

"Are you sure you know what you're doing Nora? I'm only concerned for you. I don't want him doing something bad to you."