Seventeen

Draco didn't tell me what the problem was that night. I was very confused but I understood his reasons. Something was bothering him and he couldn't tell me about it for what ever reason. It was probably something that had happened when he was gone. The last thing I wanted to do right now was to bother Draco even further. It was compleatley fine that he didn't wanna tell me, its not like he owned me an explenation.

We didn't study after our conversation. How could we focus on anything else rather than each other at that moment? We stayed in the room of requirement enjoing each others company. I comforted him with silence, it was clear that was the only thing Draco needed at that moment.

I could tell he felt vulnerable expressing his feelings. He didn't exactly speak about them, but kissing my face once in a while was weird to the boy. It was just like he wasn't used to love at all. Draco's boggart was his father, which must've meant he was an awful person, but his mother always seemed sweet when I saw her around.

One thing about that night was strange though. He didn't let me touch his right arm. The left arm was compleatley fine to touch but as soon as i got closer to his right, he moved it away out of my reach.

I wanted to know about his secret, what he couldn't tell me, but to pressure such a hurt soul was wrong. I just had to wait for the right time to ask.

Draco also looked weirdly at my ring. Did he know anything about it or who gave it to me? The question appeared in my head but I didn't wanna ask about that either. We had a good time and I didn't want to ruin it. It wasn't too important either, it was just a ring.

•••

A few days had passed and Draco and I never had any time to meet up again. Hermione helped me with all of my homework and kept me busy so I never got the chance to sneak away to meet Draco. It also seemed like he was ignoring me. When we had class together his eyes never looked my direction and Pansy was always following him around like a little puppy. Pansy seemed weirdly obsessed with him lately and I didn't like it at all. It was just like she knew Draco just confessed his feeling to me and tried to separate us. We agreed to act just like normal when we were in public but letting Pansy follow him around like this wasn't normal. I'd never seen her this close to him. Sure Pansy had always been obsessed with him, but never this much.

Hermione, Ron, Harry and I had just left transfiguration class and it was now time for lunch. None of them knew about Draco and I nor did they suspect it. It was a relief but it was hard hiding my emotions when Draco was around. It would've been so much easier if they knew and approved. But they never would. Hermione might, but Ron and Harry would hate me and never talk to me again. It's the painful truth.

When we entered the great hall Hermione said almost immediately: "Gross" with a disgusted face looking over towards the Slytherin table.

We all turned our heads to where her eyes were laid. "Can't say I'm surprised, they are both equally horrible" Harry responded when he saw what made Hermione react.

My eyes then saw what they both were talking about. Pansy sat there, looking all proud... in Draco's lap.

She smiled and talked to her other Slytherin friends. Her eyes met mine and she smiled widely, then she gave Draco a kiss on the side of his neck. Draco saw me and he had an emotionless expression on his face. When he looked away from me and back at his friends he looked sad, almost like he felt pain.

Harry, Ron and Hermione kept waking to sit down at the Gryffindor table but I froze. When they had walked a few steps Hermione called my name and I got out from the trance and catched up with them. We sat down at the Gryffindor table. Draco and I sat towards each other so we could see each other very clearly.