Eightteen

A bruised cheek, a broken nose, a black eye and a bruised torso was what I was left with. Madam Pomfrey took care of my broken nose but that was as she could do. My face looked like hell and it got many people to turn their heads to look at me.

I guess Draco's feeling for me did go away after just a couple of days like I didn't want to believe yesterday before the "incident". Draco did nothing when he saw me getting beat up by Pansy. It was just like I meant nothing to him. Yes, we did decide not to let anyone know about us and to act like normal in public but in this situation he could've at least done something!

Was all of this a game for him? Pretending to like me and then breaking my heart? Draco obviously knew I liked him... a lot.

My mind decided that this explanation made the most sense. A cruel Slytherin playing with an "innocent" Gryffindor girls heart. At this very moment Draco probably told all his friends about how pathetic I was for falling for his games.

Anger flooded me when the thought came to my mind. Would he really do this? I had seen his good side before so could that very same person really be this cruel? No.

But Malfoy also had a bad side, an evil one. That side had bullied me, my brother and my friends for years. This wasn't the first time I'd gotten beaten up by a Slytherin.

Madam Pomfrey always wanted me to tell professor Dumbledore about it but I never did. I never had courage to do so because of what might happen to me if I did. The Slytherins were hella good at threatening and scaring people, including Malfoy.

But this time I might do something about it. This time I won't be such a coward. I'm going to find Draco and hex the shit out of him. Luckily for me we have our weekly study session today.

                                         •••

I got to the library early because I wanted to make sure Draco didn't get there before me. My books were still in my dorm, I didn't go there to study with him this time.

Malfoy was late. Very late. He didn't come until I was close to leaving. Again. So coming there early was very unnecessary.

I sat in the very back of the library as normal when the blonde appeared. As fast as he saw my face his eyes widened. He stood next to a bookshelf and didn't sit down. Before I could say a word he demanded me to follow him. Draco left abruptly and I quickly got on my feet to follow him.

Seeing his face hurt me. My feelings for him was so strong and I knew he didn't feel the same way. But I was going to do this whether I liked it or not. It was the right thing to do. To stand up for myself.

Draco led me towards the room of requirement but there was no way I was going there with him. He walked too fast so I was a few steps behind him. I stopped in a empty hallway after walking for a while. "Draco!" I yelled at him because he just kept walking. He then stopped when he head my calling and turned around to face me. He was confused but I talked before he could question me.

"What the fuck Malfoy!?" I yelled. Draco stood a few steps away from me and when I didn't move he walked closer to me with a stressed look on his face. It seemed like he was in a bit of a hurry, like he didn't want to be seen with me out in public. Draco grabbed my wrist and tried to drag me with him.

"Come on let's go somewhere private" he said and made me take a few steps forward. The grip on my wrist was tight.

I pulled my arm away from him making him let go. "I will not be just a game to you!"

Draco looked deeply into my eyes trying to understand what I just said. "Is that what you think this is?" he asked still with a confused expression.