33 | You knew

______________________________

"Mommy!!!" I saw Archer running towards me with tears running down his face. His face was red from all the crying. 

"Luc... He.." I immediately picked him up, hugging him. "Everything will be fine Arch, I promise. Mommy won't let anything happen to Lucca. I promise." I said as I patted his back, running my hand over his hair as he tried to stop his sobs. 

I saw Jane coming along with the doctor and the nurse. She spotted me and pointed in my direction. 

"Doctor, how is he now?" I said, "Are you the mother?" I nodded. 

"Your son had RDS (Respiratory distress syndromewhen he was born ?" I nodded my head.  Jane took Archer from my hands as she tried to calm him down. 

 "Is he a premature baby?" "Yes doctor, he was diagnosed with RDS after he was born. He had undergone CPAP treatment. But the doctor said that he had recovered from it."

" I did a CET scan of his chest and I see no symptoms of RDS,  some alveoli in his lungs did not get enough oxygen on time, that's why he was having problems in breathing, but I have now given him the surfactant injection, so his vitals are stable now. His lungs have not fully developed, so you have to provide him with proper nutrition. He is sleeping, for now, his body needs rest, unfortunately, I can not allow you to visit him now, I will have a check-up tomorrow morning if his vitals are stable, I will keep him under observation for two more days, and he will be good to go. Take care of his health. Did his twin have RDS? " 

"No doctor only Lucca was diagnosed with it," He nodded his head and said "Usually only of the twins has RDS," He said nodding and then chuckled "he created quite a scene when we took his brother away from him," He said looking at Arch but Archer looked down in guilt.  "I am so sorry Doctor and thank you so much" He smiled at me as he left. 

"Mommy whaw happened to Luc?" He said trying his best to prevent the tears from falling. 

"Luc just had some small problem Arch, he will be fine," I said as I placed my palm on his head soothing his hair. 

"Why don't you go home with Jane, I will and I will join you guys later?" He immediately shocked his head from side to side. "Archer, you have to sleep baby, do you think Luc will be happy to see you in this state?" He looked down at the floor for a second but then he looked at me with an angry pout. "I wanw Luc wiwh me," He squealed, startling me and Jane. Archer was a calm kid and he never raised his voice, Lucca on the other hand was quite mischievous. The tears which he was trying to control, finally started to flow down. 

I picked him up and rubbed his back trying to calm him down. He had finally stopped crying and fell fast asleep. 

Jane took Archer from my arms as I paid the bills and Took a final look at Lucca from outside. He was given an oxygen mask. A tear fell from my eyes as I looked at him.