2 | questions

I sigh.

I stare at the TV and think about what I could do next.

I hate it when this kind of wave of mixed feelings hits me. It's always the worst part of writing. I know exactly how to go on, but I don't think I have the motivation to do it. This scene I'm working on, it's driving me crazy. I've been trying since last night, but nothing. Nothing helps, not even my favourite spot helps me write in peace.

I groan and close my laptop furiously. The door of the apartment opens and Karen enters the room. I roll my eyes back when I see Matt following her.

"Hello," she says, stepping out of her shoes. She throws her bag across the room, landing right next to the couch. Then, she goes to the kitchen and Matt makes himself comfortable on the couch.

I look at him with disgust. He doesn't notice me, so he takes the remote and turns the TV on. Is he not going to help her? Of course, he's not, he's a man.

I stand up, grabbing my laptop. I leave it in my room and walk to the kitchen. Matt is still on the couch. I lean on the door frame and watch Karen cutting some vegetables.

"Can I help you with something?" I ask with a smile on my face. "Your boyfriend is too comfortable to do that."

Karen throws me a glare.

"I'm not sorry," I say, crossing my arms, "he could at least help you if he's gonna eat too, you know."

"Venus, please, don't start again. I already to-"

"Karen," I interrupt her. I don't need to hear her explanation. Maybe she already forgave him, but I didn't. "He hurt you, okay? He should be the one cooking for you, not the other way around."

"You're never gonna forgive him, are you?" she turns around to face me. I can see the sadness in her eyes.

I try to not look down and to not let the blame take over me. "You might have forgotten how you felt when he broke up with you, but I didn't."

"I never forgot, Vee, okay?" she sighs. "It happened like almost a year ago, I'm not going to blame him for the rest of my life."

"I know, but..." I stop, looking for the right words, but I continue when I realize there are no bad words for this topic. "It's a bad idea."

She sighs again and shakes her head.

"You know I'm right," I tell her, crossing my arms.

"Vee, please, just let it be, okay? I'm happy. Don't you want that?" she asks. I can tell by the look on her face that she's tired of having this type of conversation with me.

"Yes, but-"

"Okay then, problem solved." She smiles at me, before turning around. "Now get out of my kitchen." she uses the same tone as Harry did in that video.

I laugh, doing what she just told me. My laugh fades away when I see Matt being amused at what he's watching. I roll my eyes back and go straight to my room, closing the door behind me. I lean on the door and sigh.

Why can't she listen to me?

She knows I'm right. She should know that. I get the feeling that he'll hurt her again and I don't want that to happen to her again, even though I'll be there if he does so.

I shake those thoughts away, knowing she won't listen to me. Karen always tells me to stop being so negative, but I'm not. I'm just realistic, right?

I jump up when my phone rings. It's an unknown number and one that's not from this country. I furrow my brows, but I still answer. "Hello?"

"Venus, is that you?" I freeze when I hear his voice.