9 | make a wish

Should I move? Or should I wake him up? But I want to stay in bed, so I decide something else. I try to make myself more comfortable in his arms, but I freeze when I hear him groan. Is he awake? I feel his grip tighter around my waist and he pulls me closer, his nose touching my neck.

Oh, shit. I... Fuck... What's happening?

My breath gets heavier and my heart begins to beat faster. I never felt comfortable being touched like this. It's like my insecurities come out, all at once and I've always hated that. It feels like I'm completely exposed to the person touching me, like they can see right through me and can judge me.

I freeze again as he scoops closer, so I can feel his breath right on my ear.

"Good morning, darling." He whispers, leaving me out of breath.

He did that as if it were the most normal thing in the world.

"Good morning." I whisper back, trying to hide my nervousness.

While my heartbeat increases, I put my hand over the one Harry has wrapped around my waist. I slightly take his arm away, so I can get out of the bed, but Harry tightens his grip around me, not wanting me to move. I close my eyes and try to control my heavy breath. I don't want him to have me wrapped around his arms anymore, not since he woke up. The physical contact we share right now is slightly making me panic. I tap his left arm to loosen his grip and to my surprise, he does.

I get out of the bed, relieved he let me go. When I turn around to face him, he's furrowing his brows in confusion. I furrow mine too. Is he still sleeping? I mean... It's not normal to cuddle like that with friends, right? His gaze drives down my body and stops at my hips. I look down too and I widen my eyes when I see my t-shirt lifted a little bit, so it reveals my underwear.

Shit.

I quickly pull down the t-shirt to cover myself and feel how my cheeks begin to burn. He turns his body to the ceiling, laughing, and I look down at my feet, embarrassed. When he doesn't stop laughing, my embarrassment grows bigger.

Fuck fuck fuck.

I look back at him. His face is still turned the ceiling, in a way he can't see me right now. Before I even realize what is happening, my legs are already moving towards the door to escape this situation. I rush to the bathroom as soon as I got out of my room and closed the door behind. Thank God we got an apartment with two bathrooms, because this room was kinda my safe place. I could always hide in here for hours.

I toss my head up, taking a deep breath in. I know Harry wasn't trying to be rude when he laughed, but that thought can't calm me. He also doesn't know how insecure I can be and honestly, I don't want him to find out. Never ever. He'll never find out.

I look down at the sink and open the faucet, instantly turning the cold water on. I look in the mirror, meeting my red cheeks and messy hair. I feel how hot my cheeks are, so I dig my hands into the cold water and then, I begin to tap the parts of my face, which feel like they're burning. A relieved sigh leaves my mouth. The feeling of my cold hands pressed against my burning face is satisfying. So satisfying.

This was not how I planned to start the day.

I startle, when I hear a knock on the door, his raspy morning voice following. "Vee, are you okay?"

I breathe in and out to calm the fuck out of me. He's just a friend. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." I lie.

I'm far from fine. I'm still overwhelmed with what just happened and I hate the fact that I'm freaking out. I know there's nothing to freak out about, but still I do so. I just hate the fact that I'm also being too dramatic.