10 | vanilla

you can play the song if you want when you see the *

• • • • • • • • • •

Harry

I tighten my grip on the pillow, automatically pulling it closer to me and leaning my head against it. It smells like vanilla... This vanilla scent reminds of someone, someone I begin to care about a lot.

Perplexed, I open my eyes and look down at our bodies close to each other. My left arm is wrapped around her waist, again. Slowly, I try to move without her noticing and when she's finally free from me, I turn around to lay on my left side.

Yesterday, when she woke up, she looked so uncomfortable after she realized she was laying in my arms, so now, I'm just trying to make her feel comfortable around me. I want to stay around, to spend time with her and escape reality, because that's how it feels with her. She makes everything around her seem so... special and unique. Sometimes, it even feels like time stops around us.

I close my eyes to try and sleep again. The only noise keeping awake and somehow calming me is her breathing. I open my eyes again and turn my head to see her. She's sleeping in the fetal position. I smile, she looks so cute. I watch her how she turns, sleeping on her back now. She looks so peaceful right now, like an angel.

Still smiling at her, I decide to get out of bed. I walk to the chair in her room and grab the sweatpants to put them on. After I'm half-clothed, I look around the room for a t-shirt. I see a black one besides the bed, and I pick it up. This is the t-shirt she wore yesterday. I chuckle to myself as I recall the moment, she realized it was mine. She came out of her room with a red face wearing her clothing. It was fun to make her nervous at first, telling her it looked better on her, which it actually does. The t-shirt looked big on her, so big that it came down her mid-thigh. I'd love to see that again. I hope I'll see it again someday.

I put the t-shirt on, the scent of vanilla, her scent, penetrating in my nostrils. I don't want to get rid of that amazing scent.

I open the door, avoiding making sounds and wake her up, and then, I walk out of her room, leaving her alone. I close the door back and head to the kitchen. I have to go through the empty living room/dining place and the main hallway to get to that kitchen. This apartment of theirs is cosy. It gives you the feeling you'll always be welcomed in here. I like what they did with the whole apartment. You can see that two people were involved in the decoration and that's what makes it perfect.

Walking through the light grey-coloured walls and light wooded floor of the bedrooms' hallway, I walk past the dining place. Their choice for the dining table and the chairs was simple: white table, black chairs, and a vase of flowers of different colours that I don't recognize decorating the simple table. The green couch in the living room on my left accentuates in the whole room. The coffee table is decorated with two little plants and on the opposite side of the couch, there's the white TV stand. The light of the living room comes through the balcony's door on my left. The twilight sun rising outside makes me check the time. I turn my head to look at the clock behind me. It's almost eight o'clock, which means that everyone else is still sleeping.

I wanted to go to the kitchen to eat something, but the sky outside looks so beautiful right now, so I change my mind. I walk to the balcony instead and grab the white handle of the glass door to open it. As soon as I open it the cold November breeze hits me in the face. I step out, almost closing the door so the cold air doesn't get in the living room. I place my hands on the railing of the small balcony and tilt my head back, inhaling the autumn air. I hug myself, rubbing my upper arms up and down to get warm.

"What are you doing out here?" Her familiar soft voice surprises me, and I turn around to look at her. Immediately my eyes meet her blue ones.

"Good morning to you too." I smile at her, taking a few steps closer. She takes a few back, stepping away from the threshold to let me get inside. Once I'm back inside the heat of the room hits my trembling body. This feels good.