59 | two ghosts

make sure to read the dates (there's gonna be a big jump in time)

this is a double update!!

• • •

Harry

7 November 2016 (seven months later)

The first month without her was hard. My mum and Gemma were there for me, comforting me in every way they could. I wrote a few songs though: Medicine, Meet Me in The Hallway, From The Dining Table, Sweet Creature and Two Ghosts. I only had the lyrics for those songs, they still needed a few more things, but it helped me a lot when I couldn't have her by my side. I felt close to her through the memories my songs brought me.

I spent a lot of time in the studio, trying to perfect these songs, meeting new people. Jeff, one of my friends, and my manager now, had helped a lot. He supported me through everything, and it felt really good to have someone like him beside me. He suggested recording everything on camera to have footage for a Behind the Album movie. I agreed, thinking it would be fun.

Whilst I was writing, I also tried something else. Writing songs was cool and all, but sometimes I just had to take a break from it because I didn't like to sit with my demons before me whilst I wrote. I needed a simple break from it and also a new distraction.

So, I got an agent and auditioned for a few movies here and there. Within a few weeks, I got a role in a Christopher Nolan movie called Dunkirk. Filming began in May, and I met a lot of people from the cast and the crew, they were all lovely. It felt like a fresh start.

What also felt like a fresh start was cutting my hair. I had it for so long for the sake of that promise I made to her. I didn't see a point in keeping it anymore. I loved the long hair, don't get me wrong, but it felt good to cut it.

I had met someone when filming moved to Los Angeles. It was a silly blind date; it was fun and all. The girl I met was amazing, she was such a good girl. She made me forget about Vee and I think I had a small crush on her because I couldn't get her out of my mind. I was just trying something new, something I never tried before, and I wound up with a crush on someone that actually didn't want anything from me. We had our fun together though.

After that blind date, I found out that Vee had met someone through Niall was told by Kay. She met a guy that probably made her happy, and when I went home right after filming, I wrote another song: Woman. I needed to get my feelings out there.

When we wrapped filming, I stayed in my house in L.A.. I had bought that house long ago, and I thought that maybe a break from London was needed too. I distracted myself a lot with the movie and the lines I had to learn that I forgot why I was doing it. I enjoyed it a lot.

Remembering that I had to go back to London, to that house that was full of memories, I decided to stay in L.A.. I couldn't pull myself to do it; I only went back to see my mum and Gemma.

I still talked to the boys though, but not as much as we used to since we were all kind of busy, starting our own things. But I kept in touch with Niall. He was going through some kind of break-up because of Karen.

She left him too.

Although they never were a couple and just fooled around, Niall loved her from the start. She didn't though, and Niall knew what he was doing when he messed around with her. he blamed himself too. I talked to him a lot, trying to be there for him, to be someone that I needed once.

It was good to have someone from the band that I still talked to, but that kind of faded when I was filming that movie. I was there for Niall when he needed me though. Now, we just talked from time to time.